135g almost ready for stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Demf

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all,
Well my 135g is still cycling. It’s been almost 3 weeks now , so hopefully by month end I can start adding fish. The wife of course wants a Nemo and a Dory so we will be getting those for sure. I don’t have high lighting nor can afford it right now, so I am looking for some ideas on more live stock. I have about 130# of live rock.
Here is what else I would like to aquire to start
CUC- not sure exactly what (any ideas?)
Bi-color angel
Yellow Tang ( is this OK with the blue hippo?)
Strawberry dottyback
Some kind of butterfly
Would this combo work OK?
Thanks for any input

Thanks for the reply Carey, yes my tank is 72*18*24. OK, I think I will pass on the butteryfly since I am a newb to this.

The tangs should be fine in there then. :) I have a yellow tang and a blue tang in QT right now so I hope they get along. It's usually best to add tangs at the same time but it wasn't prudent in my situation.

You have so many choices.....lol

Are you going reef at some point cause that will determine what fish to pick out as well, as some nip and eat corals.

You could possibly get some hardy butterflies like auriga and racoon. They are generally easy to care for. If your not going reef, one of my favorites is the harlequin tusk, you could probably get one of those. They look mean but are usually peacful. They are sometimes called gentle giants. Also, you may be interested in other wrasses. If you get more than one, make sure they look VERY different or one will end up dead. I personally love bird wrasse and own one myself, very interesting fish. Hope this helps. Yay, 100th post!!!!

I probably won't do reef in this tank. Yes there are lots of choices:D According to LA there are some easy to care for Butterflies. Thanks for your input and I will give it a go. Just not sure as to which one yet.

Thanks to this form and all the the great people here, I have learned alot. I now have 2 percula clowns, 1 yellow tang, 1 yellow tailed damsel, 1 flame angel and 1 threadfin butterfly. Still waiting for a Dori and a bi color dotyback. Oh and the clean up crew will arrive when I get back into town.

Finsihed stocking this tank...... 1 dori, 2 nemos, 1 bubbles, 1 threadfin butteryfly, 1 yellow tail damsel, 1 flame angel, 1 lawnmower blenny, 1 cleaner wrasse and 1 dogface puffer. Finsihed the cycle process in a 55g for the bedroom and just aquried 5 blue green chormis and a royal gramma. About to win an aucton on eBay for 254w lighiting so I can do corals. YAY

Demf said:
Finsihed stocking this tank...... 1 dori, 2 nemos, 1 bubbles, 1 threadfin butteryfly, 1 yellow tail damsel, 1 flame angel, 1 lawnmower blenny, 1 cleaner wrasse and 1 dogface puffer. Finsihed the cycle process in a 55g for the bedroom and just aquried 5 blue green chormis and a royal gramma. About to win an aucton on eBay for 254w lighiting so I can do corals. YAY

Idk if u can that's still pretty small wattage for a reef

Is 254w enough for a 55g? That is what it is for, the one in my bedroom. I sure hope so cuz it looks like I won. Thanks for any and all responses.

Is 254w enough for a 55g? That is what it is for, the one in my bedroom. I sure hope so cuz it looks like I won. Thanks for any and all responses.

That's what I have. I was told it would be sufficient for most corals. Though it probably depends on the kind of bulbs, too. I'm no lighting expert. What are the temperature ratings of the bulbs and do you have actinics?

Wouldnt the 254 watts of lighting depend on the type of light being referred to? I would imagine 254 watts of LED lighting to be sufficient for coral right? That would essentially be equal to about 800w of conventional light according to most info i see...

Then again i am fairly new to the game but have been doing as much research as my brain can unsafely absorb :fish2:

Back
Top Bottom