135g FOWLR stocking suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How about a harlequin tusk I have an Australian one he is very active and colorful and gets along well with my porcupine puffer

SaltwaterNuB said:
Please help. Currently I have:
2 clowns
2 chromies
1 mandarin goby
1 porc puffer
And a cuc

Foxface!! :)
Meyer's butterfly (yes, butterflyfish can be
difficult)
Dwarf angel-potters angelfish are beautiful
Yellow eye kole tang
Blue headed wrasse
Hoeven's wrasse

I think that the others covered it. More general, as personal tastes will vary...I'd get some kind of Tang, some kind of Angel and some kind of wrasse. Tusks are great and should do fine with any of those. Fox faces are great. Might be overstocking with all of the above plus your current inhabitants though.

I'm told that wrasses will get along, but haven't researched it myself cuz I only have 1. I wasn't suggesting to get all of those I mentioned, was just throwing out ideas. :)

What do you all think about pure white watchman gobies? We have twins toddlers that have albinism and think it'd be a cool thing. Do that sift and clean sand bed well?u substrate is sand and crushed coral. Will that be ok?

I agree with harlequin tusk. If i had a big enough tank I would build around one of those. So cool. And yeah can't go wrong with an appropriately sized tang.

i second the harlequin tusk! they are absolutely gorgeous. also id add 2-3 tangs not only for their coloring but also they are extremely active swimmers

Def going to do 2-3 tangs. I really like the blue, yellow, and convict tang. Internet says that the blue required a 180g tank. Think my 135 will be enough if I get small tangs?

SaltwaterNuB said:
Def going to do 2-3 tangs. I really like the blue, yellow, and convict tang. Internet says that the blue required a 180g tank. Think my 135 will be enough if I get small tangs?

Blue zoo says 75 gallon, live aquaria says 180, I don't know the dimensions of a 135, but a lot of people have said they need a 6' long tank they can get 12" long and like to swim around a lot. If you get a blue tang I would quarantine it for sure, they are prone to ich

Blue zoo says 75 gallon, live aquaria says 180, I don't know the dimensions of a 135, but a lot of people have said they need a 6' long tank they can get 12" long and like to swim around a lot. If you get a blue tang I would quarantine it for sure, they are prone to ich
+1 on the quarantine idea. with a blue hippo, itll serve you best to QT every single fish going into the tank once the hippo is in there. there are prone to ich and ich can be stress induced...and hippos stress relatively easily. i absolutely love the desjardini tang. they are gorgeous

My lfs says that blue tangs take around 8 years to reach 12" and they rarely have anyone take them back that have gotten that big. And if yours did get that big I'm sure most local fish stores would love to take a large blue tang because they probably know someone with a monster tank that doesn't want to wait 5 yrs to have a larger fish in it.

I'm currently setting up a 135g as well. I have a small scopus tang I'm going to put in it first. I love this fish, it colored up really nicely. I kinda thought it was kinda ugly at first but now it's one of my fav fish. It has flecks of blue , and fades from yellow to brown front to back.

Back
Top Bottom