14 Gallon BioCube Suddenly Stopped Pumping?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sstanle4

Aquarium Advice Freak
We have a 14 gallon biocube. We have had it up and running good for about 3 months now. I have about 15 hermit crabs and a blue damsel in it and today we added some Liquid Reef because we are eventually going to turn it into a reef tank. Anyways, we put some of that in there and left for dinner. When we came back, the water was still cloudy (from the Liquid Reef). We really werent sure why until we checked the pump and realized it was barely sucking/pushing any water at all. We took the pump off and cleaned it out and everything and put it back in the tank with the same result. We noticed it was getting suctioned to the wall of the biocube in the back. And if we moved the pump it started sucking air. I thought it might have been low on water so we added more water. This only caused the water level to rise and almost overflow and the pump still sucked air. How can I fix this? I have read that putting a sponge over the intake of the pump may help. But what else can I do? Suggestions and opinions needed. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom