150 gallon fish wish list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Damarferg

Aquarium Advice Freak
The fish I want and you be the judge on what I can have and cant.
1. Queen angelfish
2. Blue girdled anglefish
3. Bird wrasse
4. Dragon wrasse
5. Dog face puffer
6. Gold spotted rabbit fish
7. Clown tang
8. A group of chromis
9. Cuban hogfish
All these are the fish I want maybe more big angles but yeah tell me if all these fish live together or too big for tank

1. Queen angelfish
3. Bird wrasse
4. Dragon wrasse
5. Dog face puffer
7. Clown tang
8. A group of chromis
9. Cuban hogfish
All these are the fish I want maybe more big angles but yeah tell me if all these fish live together or too big for tank

So can I have these fish and it's a fish only tank

Looks fine except for the angels, those are the large ones and need a bigger tank. Plus you should only have one angel per tank.
;-)

1. Queen angelfish
3. Bird wrasse
4. Dragon wrasse
5. Dog face puffer
7. Clown tang
8. A group of chromis
9. Cuban hogfish

I agree with Carey, plus the clown tang. They also require a much larger tank. The rest are fine though.

Looks fine except for the angels, those are the large ones and need a bigger tank. Plus you should only have one angel per tank.
;-)

Oh so the larger Angels will fight if I have two but yeah I will get one angel

Butterflys can be very difficult to feed and are quite sensitive so if youmust have one make sure you add it first.
ANgels of any size will fight if you have two of them.

I'd scrap the angels and chromis for a volitan lion or a different tang.

Unless you get a larger tank, those angels are not a good idea. I have seen and heard recently of people pulling off multiple Angels, but in larger tanks. I'm actually going to give two Larges a try once I get my 240g back up and running.

The Clown Tang will be aggressive, so if you get one, be aware of that.

Chromis tend to knock each other off until one remains, so be aware of that.

I've never had one, but have heard Dragon Wrasses can be difficult to keep.

Id say try it. You should reconsider the amount of fish on the list. I dont know why but it seems lile everyone just gangs up on certain ideas and refuse to change their thoughts. I had a juvenile blue face and a flame angel in the same tank... Never even bothered one another, and they were the same size. As for the dragon wrasse, i say get him!! Such an amazing fish to watch and he has a very very strict sleep schedule.

At least cut the clown tang off, they need a lot of flow and can get super aggressive. It will swim the length of that tank very quickly

I had a juvenile blue face and a flame angel in the same tank... Never even bothered one another, and they were the same size.

A Dwarf with a Large should be fine.

After talking to Andy Sager (who seems to know a thing or two about fish) it sounds like the key to having more than one Angel is getting them from different families and different oceans and obviously having a large enough tank with lots of places to hide.

No clown tang, unless you want to see your fish being tormented relentlessly. Obviously, it's all a crap shoot, but remember that these fish will get very large, and some faster than you think. I suggest seeing the more difficult fish like butterflies, eat at the LFS before taking them (do not take the word of the employee).

I've also heard butterfly's do better in established tanks. I've never had luck with them, so they are never on my stocking lists.

Ok yeah I won't get the clown tang I will get a blue tang and for substrate. With the fish I got should I go sand

Yes the dragon wrasse sleeps under the sand. Plus crushed coral is a nitrate trap IMO.

+1 on the dragon wrasse sleeping in the sand. lil dude makes a new bed everynight he goes to sleep.

I might go smaller to a 125 gallon but can you still have more fish with a 125 gallon tank?

I would for sure skip the big angels then. Not enough room. Get a dwarf instead.

Back
Top Bottom