150 Gallon Saltwater Fowlr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lcars

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi everyone:D, I'm new here so please deal with my constant blabbering about myself ;), I am wondering if there is anything wrong with my current planned stocking list for a 150 gallon I am planning to set up.And if you would like to recommend any fish please do! Not sure if it matters, but I'm new to saltwater but I currently have 2 freshwater tanks:rolleyes:.Thanks again!:p

Yellow Tang
Naso Tang
Convict Tang
9x Blue Green Chromis
3x Neon Gobies

all looks good though the naso i think would get too big for the tank, liveaquaria says minimum 125, but says they grow to over a foot long, a 1ft long fish in a 6ft long tank just sounds too big to me. ill let others tell you if im wrong on this one

other than that everything looks fine!

2 of your neon gobies will likely pair up and kill off the third. Happened to me. Started with 2 blues and one yellow. One blue and a yellow ended up hanging out ans the other blue dissappeared.

If you want schooling fish and are willing to deal with constant feeding, try anthias. I'll bet your nine chromis end up at only 3 over a few months.

I'd replace all of them with 3 scissor tail gobies and maybe 3-4 cardinal fish. They each are schoolers too.

I'd also consider replacing the naso with one of the bristletooth varieties. In my 155, I had a yellow, a purple, and a kole.

all looks good though the naso i think would get too big for the tank, liveaquaria says minimum 125, but says they grow to over a foot long, a 1ft long fish in a 6ft long tank just sounds too big to me. ill let others tell you if im wrong on this one

other than that everything looks fine!

I agree with this I think naso will get to big

Back
Top Bottom