155 gallon bow front resident question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shaker

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hummmmm

Found a great deal on a 155 bow front tank with all the goodies.

My question. is this tank good enough for spotted salt water rays ?

Thanks.

Just soft sand a few live rock and a pair of rays.

i dont know....but my gutt says to buy it anyway lol

(yea, i've got a problem lol)

Here's the add. I'm gonna trade a firearm for it....

I love to barter

Attachments

• image-3324351763.jpg
    image-3324351763.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 210
oh man that's a nice one. my only issue right now is space. I'm running out of room for tanks. when i move to a bigger place all bets are off!

I just got into this hobby a lil while ago and I love it.....

if you're going to trade a firearm for it I'd recommend talking to local law enforcement about how to properly go about it, not good to put a firearm out there in someone elses hands that might still have your name attached to it. best to cover your butt.

manbeast said:
if you're going to trade a firearm for it I'd recommend talking to local law enforcement about how to properly go about it, not good to put a firearm out there in someone elses hands that might still have your name attached to it. best to cover your butt.

Outstanding advice!!!!!!
Got it covered. I work in law enforcement so I know what to do.

The scary part though. I live in Florida and its perfectly legal for two people to meet up at your local store exchange cash and guns and walk away with a simple hand shake. Weapons are not registered here and we have no way of checking weapons to see who they are registered too. So the weapons laws are a little loose here but however I kinda like it that way. There's pros and cons to anything though.

The footprint of the tank really matters. What is it??? Usually they swim a little then just burry themselves for hours.

Not sure of the footprint that's why I am asking..

I would call the number they provided. Footprints can get pretty weird if it's a custom tank. And depth really plays no important role with rays.

Sorry for all of the questions....... But...... Is it 24" in the middle of the bow or on the sides? Probably the middle because a 72x24x24 I think is a 180g.......

And if your talking about blue spot rays, no its nt big enough. They get 30" with tail. The only rays I would think about would be cortez stingrays (urobatis maculatus) which achieve a max total length of 16".

Cortez stingrays. Ahhhh okay thanks.. Would it be cool to have two rays in the tank, good amount of sand and a couple live rocks for hiding places?

My brother use to have a few rays when I was a kid. I remember they were like dogs. He use to stick his hand in there and they would come up to him to be petted and they would eat out of his hand.

I'm unable to get advice from him though

I personally would only go with one in that size tank. Then get a swimming fish like a tang or something just to fill the tank up. No angels, triggers, or puffers.

Well I went too look at it. Bad news it's been re sealed and whoever did it looks like he did a terrible job....

Back
Top Bottom