2 Eels Same Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mannydouhnut

Aquarium Advice Activist
So hears the deal I have a 75 reef (Yes I know this is the FOWLR section of the forum but I know this was a better suited question for you guys) I currently have on 16-18" snowflake eel he is very well behaved and I have had it for 6 months now the worst he's ever done is flipped hermit crabs on their backs and that's it after that he leaves them alone. I am adding a Freckled Moray (Echidna Nocturna) aka Palenose Moray I know that you don't know what that is and neither does the Shedd or Denver aquarium yes I called them. As far as I know so far there is only 2 in the hobby including mine and both were sold on LiveAquaria Divers Den in the past two weeks now I'm sure they have been kept in the hobby before but well I mean you go and try some info on it. My snowflake eel isn't territorial in the least I mean he shares his den with 7 blue green chromis during the night and has never bothered one of them. So here's the catch my new eel is only 9" long g to the page on DD and last thing I need is him getting ripped apart. I would much rather have the freckled over the snowflake but my snowflake is just so peaceful and has freaking awesome pattern. Do think I'll have issues? If you think I need to get rid of the snowflake I am willing to take him into my Lfs and swap him out for a 9" snowflake but if that's the case how do I catch him with out ripping apart the aqua scape? The freckled gets here tomorrow and I could throw him in quarantine but I don't really have to because his delivery was delayed for two weeks and he had already made it through LAs 2 week quarantine process and was there for an additional 2 weeks and they are well known for disease and parasite free fish. Should I give it a chance with both of them in the tank?

better safe than sorry i say imo quarantine if not its like playing russian roulette not worth the risk hope this helps and good luck

Back
Top Bottom