2 Feather Dusters!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blazeyreef

Aquarium Advice Addict
ever since I got my new light I have been seeing all KINDS of awesome things on my LR, well yesterday I noticed I have 2 feather dusters (about MAYBE 1 cm long,...MAYBE) about a cm away from eachother...when I walk up to look at them (they are in a very bad position on the back of the rock :roll: they pull themselvs in faster than you blink! they are like this...limish green color! I tried to get a pic but couldnt cause they are to small.... :D so what I need to know is...is their any kind of special care required for them?

Nah, they will get what they need from water changes and when you feed the fish. Congrats. :)

I agree in that they are filter feeder and you`ll probably see more as your tank matures

I found a whole bunch start to pop up when I put my lights and 30lbs of CS sand in my tank (over 10lbs of live). I was really excited to find life too!!!. I watch them all the time...how sad lol. I found this crazy red worm last night with what looked to be white eggs in its butt. He was crawling into a hole in my BR so I didn't see him for long.
Find anything else neat in yours? I had a pod when I started but I think the cycle killed him real quick.

well I did find another feather duster...I have 3 that I know of now..2 green and 1 purple...and I have these "things" poping up out of the rock, its like...these little stems...I dont know what the crap they are...???????

Hey, i am cycling my tank too, and i found some on mine, here is a pic i took yesteday! Good luck on yours.

Leo

Attachments

• dsc00403_471.jpg
    dsc00403_471.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 38
The greatest feeling in the world is waking up one morning running to the fish tank and noticing all these new critters that you didn't see the night before.

FloridaNewbie said:
Hey, i am cycling my tank too, and i found some on mine, here is a pic i took yesteday! Good luck on yours.

Leo

i have developed a couple of those as well. the lfs guy told me i should get rid of them because they will spread and are aggressive or whatnot. he may have mis-interpreted my description though. somebody want to tell us noobs what those are? thanks.

harmless feather dusters. Free janitors , filter feeders ....

Back
Top Bottom