2 pairs of Ocellaris Clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VinnyP

Aquarium Advice Activist
really would like to have two pairs one being the normal and the other being the black and white, what would be a good tank size for each pair to have their side of the tank to make this possible or is it not possible?

Minimum 30 gallons. Why don't ya try and get two of the same kind? Just make sure one is smaller then the other and the bigger of the two will become female. When they pair up they are neat to watch.

Crystal A said:
Minimum 30 gallons. Why don't ya try and get two of the same kind? Just make sure one is smaller then the other and the bigger of the two will become female. When they pair up they are neat to watch.

You misread, 2 pairs. 4 clowns right?

I think you'd need at least a 100+ gallons

aren't they the same kind because both pair would be ocellaris just different in coloring?

yes four all together, i understand on the whole pairing them up bigger and smaller deal

so lets "SAY" im not doing lol just planning for future, if i did 2 ocellaris clowns in 75, 55g at the least would one of the pairs take out the other pair, or take out the other female just leaving a male left or what?

VinnyP said:
so lets "SAY" im not doing lol just planning for future, if i did 2 ocellaris clowns in 75, 55g at the least would one of the pairs take out the other pair, or take out the other female just leaving a male left or what?

I think it's hard to say. it really comes down to the attitude of the fish. U might get lucky. U might not. I have seen it done and work but doesn't mean it will. I have a black and white and an orange and white pair. The bw being the female. And she is tough. gives my trigger a run for it's money nearly every day

Back
Top Bottom