2 types of Jawfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheyCallMeButch

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'd just like some opinions on the idea that I currently have and if it could work or I should abandon it all together.
I currently have a Yellow Head Jawfish that hides in the back right corner of my tank and has made his home there.
I'm also very drawn to the Blue-Spotted Jawfish and want to add on to the tank but I've been warned of the dangers of having 2 Jawfish together. Currently under the most left live rock the is space under the rock that a past fish had dug up and I feel I can get a Blue-Dotted Jawfish to take that spot if I got one.
Here's the dilemma, is that it is a 20 gallon Nano Nuvo tank. With them being on the opposite sides of the tank I feel it could work. What do you guys think?
Currently all that is in the tank besides my corals is my clean up crew and the Pearly and a Bi-Color Blenny. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1434778001.811655.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1434778023.180723.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1434778046.147704.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I dont think in a tank this size it would work very well. They are bound to have scuffles in a small tank. Maybe if the tank was larger it could work, but i dont see it going very well in a 20 gal. If you do end up trying it good luck.

if your tank was like a 90g it would be possible as once they establish territory they stay close by , but in a 20g It would be a battle to the end the stronger would prevail,

Gotchya! Thanks for the input! I'll definitely get it for my next tank then!

Back
Top Bottom