I'm about to kick off a build of a 20 gallon FOWLR
tank, my first SW
tank. I just want to make sure I have everything I need to get started:
- Tank (duh)
- Filter - I have a 150gph and 200gph HOB. Either should be enough, right?
- Heater, thermometer for tank.
- Salt mix
- Heater, thermometer, & powerhead for RO/DI water collection.
- Test kits
Questions I have:
- Do I need a circulation pump in the tank, or will the flow from the filters be enough?
- Will I need a protein skimmer for a setup this small?
- Refractometer or hydrometer?
- Since this will be a FOWLR tank, what kind of lighting is best? Will standard fluorescent or LED work? There is a chance I will add an anemone to the tank for the clowns, if that matters.