20G FOWLR - Skimmer needed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dmolavi

Aquarium Advice Addict
Subject pretty much says it all...in my prep to get my first FOWLR tank running, I'm looking at whether or not a skimmer is needed on a small tank. One part of me says 'no', because it's a small tank and won't be heavily stocked. The other part of me says 'yes', because it's a small tank and the skimmer will help control dissolved organics and keep pollutant levels from spiking in the tank.

IMO there's nothing like seeing a cup full of dark ugly skimmate come out of my tank!!! I like skimmers and think it would be a good investment

IMO there's nothing like seeing a cup full of dark ugly skimmate come out of my tank!!! I like skimmers and think it would be a good investment

Are the HOBs that BRS sells good? Or is a bakpak 2 better? My tank isn't drilled, so no sump for me...besides, when I go bigger, this tank will be my sump :)

Don't know which is better I don't know what BRShas to offer but I like the bakpak cause you have the additional choice of using bio media in it yet have never tried one so don't know how they perform

Back
Top Bottom