20g fuzzy dwarf lion tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A 29g is 30 x 12 x 18. Same footprint of a 20L, just taller. A 30 Long is 36 x 12 x 17, and a 30 breeder is 36 x 18 x 12. Out of those, the 30 breeder would be best. If you can, a 40 breeder would be great. He would probably be ok till april, but like I said, start with the larger one instead of upgrading. It will be cheaper.

Makes sense, but my mom wont let me get another big tank ATM. So i guess this will have to do. Maybe if i can find a good deal tommarow then i will get it.

Last edited:
I was saying that a Biocube doesn't actual have 29 gallons in the display. I think it was like 25 or something.

Although I don't have direct experience with one, I still think they should be placed in at least a 30 breeder so they get that extra 6" of width to turn around and such. I think if you get a smaller one and plan on upgrading in the near future it'll be fine.

Although I don't have direct experience with one, I still think they should be placed in at least a 30 breeder so they get that extra 6" of width to turn around and such. I think if you get a smaller one and plan on upgrading in the near future it'll be fine.

I sill def do that, i hate would hate to stress him out. Can anyone tell me about the tetra heaters? Thinking of getting 2 on each side pf the tank

I agree! Start with the larger, it will be cheaper in the long run, and the equipment cost would be almost the same as it would be for a 20 gallon. So there would be no reason to start a 20 and upgrade later.

If you really want to put your guy in a 20 gallon for a few months, yes you can do that, but I think if you do upgrading will just cost you more in the long run. If you really want your guy to be healthy and live it's full live and grow to be a beauty you will want to put him in the best tank you can from the start! It's not only better for the fish, but better for you as well. Because you will be saving money in the long run!

I sill def do that, i hate would hate to stress him out. Can anyone tell me about the tetra heaters? Thinking of getting 2 on each side pf the tank

I would go with a Fluval heater, one should be fine that's rated for a 50 or higher. Online heaters are cheaper than ones in the store.

I agree! Start with the larger, it will be cheaper in the long run, and the equipment cost would be almost the same as it would be for a 20 gallon. So there would be no reason to start a 20 and upgrade later. If you really want to put your guy in a 20 gallon for a few months, yes you can do that, but I think if you do upgrading will just cost you more in the long run. If you really want your guy to be healthy and live it's full live and grow to be a beauty you will want to put him in the best tank you can from the start! It's not only better for the fish, but better for you as well. Because you will be saving money in the long run!

Well, since he's getting the tank for free he could always buy equipment suited for a 30 and run it on the 20 temporarily. Only addition would probably be live rock.

Well, since he's getting the tank for free he could always buy equipment suited for a 30 and run it on the 20 temporarily. Only addition would probably be live rock.

Exactly what i was planning. Tank will be up and running in a couple weeks. (1-2)

If you have a lot of caves and rock work for the eel I think you can pull that off.

Alright so i will do that! (in april when i get the new tank.) and how much light do they like? I have so dull old 4 bulb blue actinic lights that i used to use on my 37g

Alright so i will do that! (in april when i get the new tank.) and how much light do they like? I have so dull old 4 bulb blue actinic lights that i used to use on my 37g

Any lights should do on a fowlr, it'll be more dependent on your color preference.

I have seen people on a bunch of diff forums keep them in 18s,24, and 20s. What filter would you reccomend?

Seriously fishman? You have been suggested by about 10 people to NOT do this for all valid reasons yet you still seem set on doing it. 20 gallon isn't an acceptable tank for a dwarf lion fish period. What happens in April when your parents still wont allow you to get a bigger tank for it and it has to sit in there for a year or more?

But whatever. It doesn't matter what anyone else says you're gonna do it regardless. Have fun

Back
Top Bottom