20g High Nano cycling with live rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
==================
Date 12/6/2008
Ammonia 0 ppm
Nitrite 1.0 ppm
Nitrate 160 ppm
PH 8.2
SG 1.024
Temp: 79.6F
==================

Hey Shane, I just realized, we're only difference about a week apart in cycling :), I could just refer to your readings to make sure I'm doing the right thing :)

oh cool, i was just checking out your thread a while ago ;)

==================
Date 12/8/2008
Ammonia 0 ppm
Nitrite 1.0 ppm
Nitrate 40 ppm
PH 7.2
SG 1.024
==================

Don't worry, mine is turning weird as well, I'm confused, whether I should remove my shrimp or not and my ammonia never spiked up

my ammonia never spiked but im cycling with live rock and not shrimp. I would think you should leave the shrimp in until your nitrites hit zero.

Yeah I think it's cause I have the cured LR and I never see any article cycling with cured LR and stuff, so now I got mixed, but I'm already somehwere in the middle, so might as well continue I guess until the shrimp decompose and gone...

Oh yeah I just realized yours never spiked either.

Take the shrimp out before it starts decomposing. To leave it in is beyond unnecessary and just plain icky to clean/smell.

i learn something new every day, i though you had to keep it in there so you would have an ammonia source. sorry about the bad advice

No probs Shane, btw I think my tank is done cycling, I checked my readings yesterday and Ammonia + Nitrite both are 0, so I'm going to do PWC tonite. :) so excited.

I also learn something new today, just found out that clown fish is also a damsel :)

i learn something new every day, i though you had to keep it in there so you would have an ammonia source. sorry about the bad advice

It was not bad advice. Even though I agree with James as far as taking it out in this case many of us left ours in till it disolved. If your ammonia gets high enough you can remove it but if not like mine you just leave it in.

==================
Date 12/10/2008
Ammonia 0 ppm
Nitrite 1.0 ppm
Nitrate 40 ppm
PH 8.2
SG 1.024
==================

still waiting on that last 1.0 ppm of nitrites, getting close

Yay Shane, you're getting there as well :), we might actually end up start putting the CUC together :) and the first fish!

What'cha gonna get?

Thanks :), I'm still battling between astrea snails and turbo snails, dunno the difference yet, and some hermit crabs.

However once everything is okay, I will start adding extra CUC that I want, the emerald crabs, fire shrimp and the cleaner shrimp :).

U?

Nassarius Snails (FIVE)
Astraea Conehead Snails (TWO)
Cerith Snails (TWO)
Nerite Snails (TWO)

I decided not to get crabs because im just not sure about them. I still have alot of reading to do about them and how they will fit into the big picture. Im still working on the numbers, but im getting close to a lineup.

Back
Top Bottom