20g High Nano cycling with live rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ocellaris Clownfish (TWO)
(Amphiprion ocellaris)

Royal Gramma Basslet (ONE)
(Gramma loreto)

Tail Spot Blenny (ONE)
(Ecsenius stigmatura)

so far this is what i have come up with, Im still having a blast researching the different fish out there for nano's.

Ah yeah cause yours is 20gal... I usually refer to liveaquaria.com :) where they can tell the preferable aquarium size :).

Here is mine:
Firefish (TWO)
Royal Gramma Basslet (ONE)
Clownfish Percula or Ocellaris (ONE)

Hahahha aren't we having a blast researching for anything new? :)

i spend alot of time on that site checking out the different fish and cuc. Yes its a blast planning our tanks! will you be ordering your fish or trying to find them locally?

I'm buying locally cause I've been around the radius of 40miles of where I live to find what I want and I know which one to buy when I see one, I just can't get things randomly :p, I'm a gurl even when it comes to buying fish :) - always picky.

A lot of LFS nearby you? I live like 5 miles away from the beach so a lot of fish stores around, although the best one is the one further away, they have a very good website www.fishsupply.com, very nice owner and very huge store, great selections :) though it's 45miles away, I think I might drive there for some of my fishes and inverts :)

Im going to try my best to find my livestock locally but i havent found any lfs that offer snails. Im thinking about ordering the cuc and buying the fish locally so i can pick just the right fish to go in my tank. im picky also.

Ah... good idea, snails are not pretty to look at anyway :). Let's post updated pictures once we get the fishes :)

you can plan on that, lots of pictures once we get them in the tank and they settle in. Its fun having someone with a tank that is close to mine.

Im going to try my best to find my livestock locally but i havent found any lfs that offer snails. Im thinking about ordering the cuc and buying the fish locally so i can pick just the right fish to go in my tank. im picky also.

I personally like buying mine from the LFS because you can see what you are getting. You can see if they are healthy and esp. you can see if they are eating. I always suggest you ask the LFS to feed the fish something so you can see that you are not taking home a fish that wont eat prepared foods. IMO this is a must. Congrats you two and I look forward to seeing pics of these tanks.

I went to my LFS today and I found out the price in liveaquaria and my LFS is the same except for the regular Nassarius, they charged 2.99. They really went into the sand right away after you drop them, which is so cool to see :). I post my pic on my regular posting update and change my aquascaping, it felt so great.

Melosu, my LFS said they recommend to put biospira chemical to fasten the cycle, what d'ya think? I don't want to buy right away, cause I wasn't sure. I said I come back tomorrow for the fish and decide.

Hey Shane,

I found this website and they have a very good deal for CUC, I mean I spend almost $20 for just small number of CUC, total regret for not researching enuf, but since you haven't started, here is a website for u to check out.

www.cleanercrews.com, great package and I think the shipping charge is not bad considering how much they sell it for.

I just thought I want to share with ya :)

sweet thank you very much! i will check it out now.

==================
Date 12/11/2008
Ammonia 0 ppm
Nitrite .50 ppm
Nitrate 20 ppm
PH 8.2
SG 1.024
Temp: 79.6F
==================

yep getting there im still very excited to check each day. I painted the back glass black because i got tired of fighting with those backgrounds. I was checking out the link bawel gave me, sweet prices and the shipping is good also.

==================
Date 12/11/2008
Ammonia 0 ppm
Nitrite .25 ppm
Nitrate 20 ppm
PH 8.2
SG 1.024
==================

alllmost there

Melosu, my LFS said they recommend to put biospira chemical to fasten the cycle, what d'ya think? I don't want to buy right away, cause I wasn't sure. I said I come back tomorrow for the fish and decide.

No, IMO patience is a virtue. I would never do it but that`s just me. Why spend money that can be done for almost nothing? Also I`ve never used it so I cant tell you what the results of it are. Just do a regular fishless cycle and you cant go wrong. JMO

Hi Melosu, yeap, I forgo the idea of biospira. Thanks for the response. I do have one concerning thing though, how come my diatoms seems to be much more now? Is it because I have 10-12 hours lighting per day? I have 2 Nassarius and 1 Astrea Snails, planning to get another Astrea and 4 hermit crabs. What do you think I should do or is this process normal? I mean this is growing rapidly :(

==================
Date 12/13/2008
Ammonia 0 ppm
Nitrite 0 ppm
Nitrate 10 ppm
PH 8.2
SG 1.024
==================

YAAAAA victory dance!

Congrats Shane. You the man. Bawel, you will see diatoms during the cycling process. They usually burn themselves out. Can you get us a pick of it so we can make sure they are diatoms. Maybe a little flow in that area.

This my friends is exactly why you should cycle with fish...

Back
Top Bottom