210 Aggressive FOWLR Setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I couldn't resist buying this little Clown 1 5/8". The Clown will arrive Wednesday but I will have to keep it in a quarantine tank until I'm ready to add it to the Display.

Attachments

• 0524131-063.jpg
    0524131-063.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 189
Mappa Puffer at full capacity

Attachments

• 20130608_111651.jpg
    20130608_111651.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 164
  • 20130608_111652.jpg
    20130608_111652.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 192
List of the Fish I purchased.

Mappa Puffer
Porcupine Fish
Clown Triggerfish
Picasso Triggerfish
Sohal Tang
Desjardini Sailfin Tang
Volitan Lionfish
Dragon Wrasse
Yellow Stripe Maroon Clownfish Pair
Snowflake Eel

4yh9.jpg

mqc1.jpg

zkc6.jpg

I ordered them periodically from different companies. I skipped the quarantine tanks and added all the fish directly to the display. My tank had and outbreak of Cryptocaryon Irritans. I was concerned so I dropped my display into hyposalinity (1.009) for six weeks. I recently took it out of hypo and everything is good.

Local Pet Land- Mappa Puffer & Porcupine Fish

Thatpetplace.com - Clown Triggerfish

Aquatic Environments - Picasso Triggerfish

Petsolutions.com - Sohal Tang

Liveaquaria.com - Desjardini Sailfin Tang

Petco.com - Volitan Lionfish, Dragon Wrasse, Yellow Stripe Maroon Clownfish Pair & Snowflake Eel

You should think about a lot of water changes. I'm no expert but you may have added way to fast. Not sure if your bio load can keep up.

Triggerfish as a rule are very territorial and do not get along with each other. They will eventually prob go ballistic and one will prob kill the other one or at least make its life miserable,....they're great to watch and are really smart as fish go,....they seemingly ,may get along peacefully with other fish in your tank for awhile but one day something just clicks and away they go,..especially the clown trigger. ,any inverts in your tank will be history.
Good luck tho,....ive got my fingers crossed that it'll work out for you.

I have a lion a clown trigger a Picasso trigger and puffers and tangs all together they should be perfectly fine keep them well fed.

I have a lion a clown trigger a Picasso trigger and puffers and tangs all together they should be perfectly fine keep them well fed.

Getting ready to do a fish only I have a Aussie tusk, red breasted wrasse and a clown trigger in QT now until I finish setup going with a 120 long acrylic just cut open the top yesterday putting it in the wall of the man cave.

image-1001481469.jpg

image-2783095894.jpg

Getting ready to do a fish only I have a Aussie tusk, red breasted wrasse and a clown trigger in QT now until I finish setup going with a 120 long acrylic just cut open the top yesterday putting it in the wall of the man cave.

That's awesome do you have any other fish in mind??

I don't quite understand why everybody seems to carry the whole "its a triggerfish, itll go crazy one day" mentality. I've had 3 Nigers, 2 Picassos, and a bursa. they all were in the tank with either the Black volitan I had, or the fuzzy dwarf. the only time I experienced a broken spine was with my black volitan and I was trying to feed him and he overshot. the one thing that I would def stay on top of is keeping their bellies full, this will alleviate a lot of their aggressive tendencies, especially if they don't feel the need to compete for food. although im heading in a different direction now with my tank, I must say it was nice to have the fish that most salties couldn't have. plus anytime I had a fish casuality in my house, someone in the aggressive tank would eat it lol

Wow, looks good.

I'm doing something similar but not as aggressive

Back
Top Bottom