220g predator stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ccantlin

Aquarium Advice Freak
Right now I have a clown triggerfish, yellow belly dogface puffer, some clownfish, lawnmower blenny, and a small(shrinking) clean up crew. What other predators would go well with my trigger and puffer?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I plan on trading in the clownfish for my next predator

Can you tell us more about the tank? Any suggestions can be highly depending on ample places to hide, flow, filtration, so on on top of already current livestock.

Just got the tank. I have around 1200 gallons per hour filtration. 100 pounds of love rock and a sunken ship decoration that is about 3 feet

It isn't setup yet. Gonna move everything over from my current tank.

Lose the clowns(like you said) and get a miniatus grouper!
I love marine bettas!
Please don't put them in a predator tank.
My 3 are in reefs!

images

First it's amazing the trigger and puffer are getting along
hamlets they come several different colors
harlequin bass / tobacco bass / squirrel fish / wrasse / lion fish / jack knife fish / hog fish / moray eel
are a few ideas
wish my predator tank was 220g so I could do bigger fish , my predator tank at the moment is 37g so I am limited to smaller predators

Lose the clowns(like you said) and get a miniatus grouper!
I love marine bettas!
Please don't put them in a predator tank.
My 3 are in reefs!

images

I agree, a marine betta would probably get torn apart with triggers. Even though they are a grouper, they are rather timid.
I second the vote for a miniatus grouper. (y)

I'm looking at getting a zebra moray and/or a snowflake moray and either a lionfish or grouper. Any suggestions now?

I always thought nothing messed with lionfish

My lionfish did not survive my eel long term(1-2 years).
He would just be on the hunt at feeding time and bite the lions if they couldn't get out of his way.
The grouper is too fast for the eel.
The eels don't see well so they are basically a bite first ask questions later fish.
I had 2 lions ,the miniautus and snowflake.
Now it is just the mini and eel in my 120.

Nope, triggers love them, there are a bunch of threads on how triggers will one day pounce & destroy them. There are also YouTube vids that show this happening.

Back
Top Bottom