240 Acrylic feedback

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheTodd

Aquarium Advice Addict
As you may know, my 240g cracked, so I am on the hunt for a replacement. I just came across an acrylic 240g with lights and stand/ hood in my price range. It has four holes along the bottom and 8 on the back. Not sure how this guy had it set up, but seems like a lot of holes.

Could this work? I'm thinking possibly plug the bottoms and do something with the ones along the back...just not sure how it would be set up or if that would work. In used to overflows. Any ideas or feedback is appreciated....

To me it looks as though it was set up with a closed loop system are there holes in the bottom of the tank or just on the back?

It was set up as a cichlid tank and apparently had four canister filters underneath. There are four holes on the bottom and eight on the back.

It just seems too complicated. I'd probably end up plugging most of them. One of the side panels was pretty scraped up too. The 240g LeeMar tank I'm going to drive out to on Saturday should work. Its the two hour drive with a monster tank in the back of a pickup that kinda worries me.

Yeah i personally wouldnt touch this tank. I know that its prob ok, but drilling holes (especially in the bottom) weakens the tank itself. No thanks

^ I'd stay away from that one also Just wrap the tank in blankets it will travel just fine

Yeah, I'm ditching that one and hoping that this LeeMar 240g works out on Saturday. The guy sent a few more pics yesterday and I am more excited about it now. Also excited to be passing through my old stomping grounds on the way there. Plan to stop by an old LFS on the way and also check out a new one that is supposed to be one of the largest in Southern CA.

Back
Top Bottom