240 G stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Triggersgalore

Aquarium Advice Activist
Right now I have 2 2 inch yellow tangs a 3 inch sailfin tang a 4 inch scopes tang a golden head goby a sailfin Blenny a rusty angel about 2 inches 3 clowns and a giant long spine urchin. Eventually In the tank I want an emperor angel, possibly a clown trigger, a naso tang a purple tang and maybe a queen angel.. Would this be ok?

that's 6 tangs, 2 angels, and a dwarf angel. id say that's too many for a 240. not that its too many fish but housing 6 tangs in a tank is extremely difficult, unless of course its a monster tank (500g+)

Ok what about just keeping the tangs I have now and just adding the angels?

Having two large Angels can have aggression issues. Usually it is one per tank, almost regardless of size. Angels are my favorite fish, but I plan on putting only one large Angel in my 240g. I'm going to try two dwarfs (already have a Singapore Angel and am considering adding a Multi-bar or multicolor too)... maybe even a Pygmy.

I agree with the too many Tangs thought too. If your group is good with one another, I'm not sure I would risk adding another and possibly disturbing that group dynamic.

Having two large Angels can have aggression issues. Usually it is one per tank, almost regardless of size. Angels are my favorite fish, but I plan on putting only one large Angel in my 240g. I'm going to try two dwarfs (already have a Singapore Angel and am considering adding a Multi-bar or multicolor too)... maybe even a Pygmy. I agree with the too many Tangs thought too. If your group is good with one another, I'm not sure I would risk adding another and possibly disturbing that group dynamic.
ya my tangs are all doing great I wouldn't want to ruin that and I have 1 dwarf angel and I want one more and maybe just an emperor angel.

ya my tangs are all doing great I wouldn't want to ruin that and I have 1 dwarf angel and I want one more and maybe just an emperor angel.
yeah if you have more than 2 tangs already I wouldn't even consider attempting to add another one for fear of upsetting the balance. the 800g display tank at the family fish store I worked at had 5 tangs. granted could of put more in but still they used all 10 feet of that tank.

Back
Top Bottom