260 gallon stock list questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tlonghorn

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Im planning on getting a 260 gallom 8 foot semi aggressive tank and was wondering if my tank would be overstocked/understocked, would the fish get along, and if my clean up crew would survive

Fish:
Harlequin tusk
Porcupine puffer
Emperor angel
Hippo tang
Yellow tang
Flame angel
Coral beauty
Fairy wrasse
Zebra moray eel

Clean up crew:
Turbo snails
Large hermit crabs
Tiger conch
Cowries
Tuxedo urchin

That would not be overstocked. I think that the Tusk and Puffer could wipe out the CUC. I added s Tusk several weeks ago and the few hermit crabs and the huge snail I had are all gone. The only fish I would be concerned about is the fairy wrasse. I have not kept them before, but they strike me as more passive/shy and I wonder if the others would bully it or just make grabbing food difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That would not be overstocked. I think that the Tusk and Puffer could wipe out the CUC. I added s Tusk several weeks ago and the few hermit crabs and the huge snail I had are all gone. The only fish I would be concerned about is the fairy wrasse. I have not kept them before, but they strike me as more passive/shy and I wonder if the others would bully it or just make grabbing food difficult.

Are there any other smaller wrasses that would do good or other semi aggressive fish what about a picasso trigger

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I suggest looking at places like LiveAquaria.com as they will give the semi-Aggressive and Aggressive info and they have comparability charts too. There are all sorts of wrasses that would work. I'm looking at putting a Banana Wrasse in my 240g and I already have a Blonde Naso Tang, Purple Tang, Magnificent Foxface, Harlequin Tusk, Rusty Angel and Lamarks Angel. I also plan to add a large Angel (not sure which yet), probably two, and a Lyretail Hogfish. Maybe an eel.

These guys need to be reef safe? I mean, if this isn't ever going to have any coral in them then wrasse from the coris family are semi and into the aggressive list...just aren't the most reef safe at times.

I suggest looking at places like LiveAquaria.com as they will give the semi-Aggressive and Aggressive info and they have comparability charts too. There are all sorts of wrasses that would work. I'm looking at putting a Banana Wrasse in my 240g and I already have a Blonde Naso Tang, Purple Tang, Magnificent Foxface, Harlequin Tusk, Rusty Angel and Lamarks Angel. I also plan to add a large Angel (not sure which yet), probably two, and a Lyretail Hogfish. Maybe an eel.

That sounds like an awesome tank im jealous and ill check it out!

These guys need to be reef safe? I mean, if this isn't ever going to have any coral in them then wrasse from the coris family are semi and into the aggressive list...just aren't the most reef safe at times.
I won't keep any reefs will be a fowlr

That sounds like an awesome tank im jealous and ill check it out!

Thanks. I'm really going for all my dream fish in this tank. I have a Longnose Hawk too.

I would consider some kind of Foxface or Rabbitfish if you like the look of any. They are really cool fish

Back
Top Bottom