29 gallon aquarium stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ryn_C_mu

Aquarium Advice Freak
So new to the saltwater aquariums I know what I have to do for procedures but fish I know all gobies and blennies work some angels and fire fish oh and clowns is there any others that I can interact with more like how you can feed an eel or have a shrimp crawl on your hand for food stuff like that and exotics like unique fish for a 29 gallon tank thanks!

So new to the saltwater aquariums I know what I have to do for procedures but fish I know all gobies and blennies work some angels and fire fish oh and clowns is there any others that I can interact with more like how you can feed an eel or have a shrimp crawl on your hand for food stuff like that and exotics like unique fish for a 29 gallon tank thanks!

I say no angels they are very active swimmers. My clowns and blenny both eat out of my hand. If you really want an oddball fish for the tank get an angler. You couldn't have shrimp or other fish but anglers are awesome.

Hey thanks what about a dwarf lion, or a engineer goby or even an eel if there's one out that that is that small besides a golden one

So yes on the lion fish if conditions are right is that a yes or a no on the engineer goby though

LiveAquaria says at least 50 gallons for dwarf lionfish. They can get up to 7 inches long. I would say no in a 29 gallon. That is way too much fish for a small tank. And anything else you put in would become food for it.

Ok I've read in a lot of places that as long as it is fed well that they will leave other fish alone what about an engineer goby

The only other fish you'll put in a 29 gallon tank are going to be small. Eventually the lion (which I still would not put in that tank) would eat them. There is no such thing as a full lionfish. Mine can eat until it looks like his stomach will explode. Also, even if it takes a while for the lion to eat them, they'll likely die or get sick from stress which could wipe out the entire tank. I would look at fish that are appropriate for that size tank.

Fu man chu would be ok wouldn't it? They are one sexy fish

The fu man chu is awesome!!! Just looked it up it looks sweet biggest question can it go with other fish

Same as other lions, will eat anything it can fit in its mouth.
They are a little harder to keep happy from memory and not as hardy.
I never kept one long term but I remember the one I was minding for someone it took me a while to get him to eat etc.
my radiata I had though, he took to food in no time and was bullet proof. Went through a few tank malfunctions.

Fu's are tricky, but a 29 works for them. Fuzzy's are really debatable, I've seen happy healthy ones live in 29g Biocubes.

Yah thats good only thing is it eats other fish I am planning to have a yellow striped clown a green clown goby a citrus goby fire shrimp and a skunk striped cleaner shrimp the lion fish only gets four inches long so would that work

The lionfish will eat all of that, especially the shrimp. The puffer will devour the shrimp as well. Likely the only 2 fish that would be safe from the lion are the puffer and the clown.

The lionfish also have an obscene bio load. You are definitely going to need a skimmer with one.

If you want something that you can interact with then a skunk cleaner shrimp is without a doubt your best bet. They will happily crawl over your hands and pick at them. However the other fish you want don't fit in with that type of mentality.

Any eels are voracious eaters and will attack people (mmmm finger worms). Lionfish are poisonous and will sting people. Not to mention the eels, lionfish, and puffer will eat any inverts.

Back
Top Bottom