29 gallon Aquascape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jmulgrew97

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I am appx. 4-5 weeks into my 29 gallon fish only tank, and have just added a peculiaris clown, hippo tang and cleaner shrimp, and am looking into adding a few more inverts and fish in a couple weeks, any suggestions on what would be compatible and go well with my existing fish?

Attachments

• image-720005990.jpg
    image-720005990.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 189
cool looking tank, i am into the more realistic style looking tanks but yours is cool non the less. maybe a BTA, and some sort of blennie, firefish, or goby. and i think you need some more live rock. what kind of filter and power heads are you running?

Well thank you very much, I certainly do enjoy it, and I appreciate the suggestions, thinking along the lines ofmamfirefish and maybe an emerald crab, as far as the filters go they came in a set, so may not be completely correct but I'm fairly certain I'm running a 120 gp power head, how much more live rock are you thinking? I'm at appx 15 lbs right now

I would say I have approximately 35lbs or more of base rock and live rock. And I have a 550gph power head and I plan on getting another 550 also.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120903_164104.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120903_164104.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 188
Well seeing that I have received quite a few comments about adding more live rock, I can't see 10-20 more lbs hurting.. Btw big fan of your tank, very very cool natural looking, and neat design with live rock, what size is it?

1more quick question if you don't mind, how much were you able to healthily stock in that size of tank?

Let me answer this to my understanding of your question. How many fish can our size tank hold? I would say at least 5 different species, but nothing that will grow to big. I have a lawnmower blenny, a azure damsel, and a maroon clown, along with 1 cleaner shrimp, 3 peppermint shrimp,1 chocolate chip starfish and about 8 Margarita snails, and 5 hermits.
As to the amount of fish my LFS said that I need more, due to the fact my damsel is attacking my clown. And more fish would help in my clowns favor.

Exactly the answer I was looking for, thank you! I am going to look into stocking up to 6 smaller based fish, along with 2-4 inverts I think that'll work

Jmulgrew97 said:
Well seeing that I have received quite a few comments about adding more live rock, I can't see 10-20 more lbs hurting.. Btw big fan of your tank, very very cool natural looking, and neat design with live rock, what size is it?

1-1.5 lb per gallon of rock is recommended. Don't have to do it all at once, can add a piece here and there, and you could do some of it as base rock, which is cheaper. I have a 55 and over few months added rock and I have about 60# LR now. Here's my tank.

image-2626321896.jpg

mikestanked said:
Wow that's really cool looking, is that a bowfront? And did u glue that rock or is it all natural?

Yeah, it's a 55g bow. That's why the rock is in a semi-circle shape. No, I didn't glue it. I just made sure that the pieces kinda naturally "locked" onto each other when setting it up. And i put rock in first so that when my pistol shrimp digs, it wont fall on him.

Back
Top Bottom