29 gallon FOWLR tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

michealprater

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ive been racking my brain trying to come up with what I want to do with this tank. So, I figured I would start a thread to get ideas and suggestions from you guys.

So, lets imagine for a minute that you setup a 29 gallon fowlr tank. What would YOU put in it?

I think this could be interesting, plus, I bet I get some great ideas to choose from.

A dwarf fuzzy lionfish...got a 29 sitting in the building with those very plans in mind.
Logan J

I always did like lions. could you post a link of a pic or post a pic?

great idea, whos next?

on a side note, i crammed about 50-60 pound of live rock in that tank. It looks AWESOME! plus i put a few nails and hermits in there. And a very small chili coral. I pulled all of this except about half of the live rock out of my 100 gallon reef.

anyway, ideas people, hit me with some.

If you had a sandbed deep enough, my first thought would be to do a tank for yellow head gobies, you know, the ones that burrow in the sand. Those fish are so comical, especially if you have 2 in there as they will steal shells and small bits of rocks from each other.

Another choice would be a damsel tank. I realise that most people consider them 'disposable' or 'unworthy' of a salt tank, but they are very interesting fish that if you were careful in your selection, would provide tons of color and lots of movement to your tank. (Kinda the salt equivalent of an african cichlid tank).

Some people find mantis shrimp interesting, and there certainly are some very colorful kinds available.

An octopus tank, although you would probably want to reduce the amount of LR if you did this or you would never see the animal.

Seahorse tank, although again, you would probably want to reduce the amount of LR, and remove the chili coral too (I believe that it will sting them when they try to hitch to it).

I think I've mentioned it before to you, but the cowfish with live rock would be my number one choice, that's probably the top fish on my ' want ' list. :D

dwarf fuzzy

Here's a couple of links to the dwarf lions. The pics don't do them justice. They are much more colorful than you can see in these pics. They have slate blue eyes that look as though they are about 6" deep. They are also quite personable...they will get to recognize you. There's one at the store who, upon seeing me (I feed him), rushes to the front of the tank all flared out and trolls back and forth like a dog begging for a treat. They are venomous though like their larger cousins and can inflict a painful sting. I still want one though :) .
http://www.marinedepotlive.com/573474.html
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?siteid=21&pCatId=227
Now...here's a good pic of one in full color and all flared out.
http://www.coralrealm.com/sample3.html
Logan J

I seen on www.fishsupply.com they have dwarf fuzzy lions for 10 bucks!

Since I only plan to put 2 fish in this tank, what would be another aggressive fish that would go well with a lion?

Plus I havent for sure made up my mind. So lets remember the subject and keep the ideas coming. :p

lion in 29

I dunno...my gut feeling is that one dwarf lion would be about the load for a 29. They produce a lot of waste. Basically, the dwarf will coexist with anything that won't fit in it's mouth though.
Logan J

Well I was hoping for more ideas, but I think I've made up my mind. After my tank is cycled in Im going to get a Volitan Lion. When he out grow the tank, my LFS has to agreed to take him back.

Back
Top Bottom