29 Gallon Saltwater Tank Stocking Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abe28

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I currently have a blue damsel and 6 hermit crabs. My tank has live rock as well. I am thinking about two ocellaris clownfish.
Could I add more than that?
Would the blue damsel get along with the clownfish?

The blue damsel IME is a meany pants. In that close of quarters they might stress each other out. If you're wanting the blue color, some blue reef chromis would be nice.

I had 3 azure damsel's in a 29gal and they re mean, aggressive fish. They picked at my clowns, but if the clowns are bigger that might not be the case. Do u have a QT?

Possibly look into getting one. I would get one take out the damsel then add the clowns for a couple of weeks, so there use to the new environment then add the damsel again

This sounds horrible but I would get rid of the damsel...he's going to act like a re re to his tank mates. Even if you take him out, and add him back he may still be aggressive towards other fish especially if the fish are not a good bit larger especially in a smaller tank. Sorry to sound so negative!

No worries, but if the clowns are bigger and u only have 1 damsel I don't foresee a problem. But I have had seabae clowns and percula and maroons, and by far the maroon holds its ground better. But other clown species may not hold their ground IMO

Back
Top Bottom