29 gallon stock help..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sonny bats

Aquarium Advice Regular
I need an idea on one more fish in my 29 gallon FOWLR..currently I have two ocellaris clowns, a Rainsford goby, and a royal gramma..llookin for a peaceful active swimmer that won't bully my other fish..Any suggestions?!

Not to sound like a Debby downer, but your a bit overstocked for 29g now.

I have pretty much the same thing in mine only it's a diamond golby. Was thinking about a Pygmy angel. I hear they are generally peaceful and don't nip at coral to much. Of course this would be the LAST fish I would add if I add it at all. Still thinking about it. :) don't want to over load.

Overstocked? Really?

Two clowns - 3" (x2)
Rainsford goby - 2 1/2"
Royal gramma - 3"

That's roughly 11 1/2" of fish...I think I could keep atleast one more small fish if my water parameters are up to par, no?

The "rule" in sw is 1 inch = 5 gallons. The 29g is still considered a nano tank. I am not trying to offend, but you are at the limit already. Good luck!

I tend to think that If you have good husbandry with your tanks and maintain to a tee why not! It's all about bioload and nutrient levels so if pwc are done regularly and water parameters are kept in order why not add one more. Just have to make sure it's the right kind of fish so as not to disturb the pecking order. I'm sure I will get flack for that statement!

Having 5 fish in a 29 gallon cube is perfectly resonable. Yes its definitly a nano tank, but if things are maintained well then there will be no issue

Ok. Thanks for the advice and all, as this is my first SW tank..still learning a lot. Maybe I will reconsider..would love to go with a small blenny of some sort tho :-/

Back
Top Bottom