Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-18-2012, 12:09 AM   #91
Aquarium Advice Addict

Awesome! Make sure to post pics!

Old 12-19-2012, 10:06 AM   #92
Aquarium Advice FINatic

My trip to the fish store was not so fun.

No store within a 200 mile radius has a Six Line Wrasse. They won't have any of them for another two weeks due to their fish order and Christmas. The store I went too that said they had one was wrong because it was a new girl that told me they had one. UGH!

So here is my problem. I had my two true percula clownfish ordered, they were suppose to be here next Friday. They are now going to be here this friday. :-/ It looks like the first fish that is going in our my Clowns. I have read many things online and I am not worried about them harassing my wrasse. As much as I wanted the wrasse first, I am going to put the clowns in. I am never going to have fish in my tank. :-p Drove 75 miles to be told that they didn't have the wrasse. :-p

Now the store that said they had the wrasse is the store I placed an order for my true perculas. On a bright note because of the mix up and for me driving all the way out there, they are going to give me the fish for 10% off and I have a 15 dollar credit. So that helps a little. :-p

Old 12-19-2012, 03:20 PM   #93
Aquarium Advice Addict

That's reduculas! No one should work at a lfs if they can't even tell you what a 6line wrasse is. I work at a lfs and don't know quite a bit of stuff but common stuff should be a requirement before starting work.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:00 PM   #94
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khij159753 View Post
That's reduculas! No one should work at a lfs if they can't even tell you what a 6line wrasse is. I work at a lfs and don't know quite a bit of stuff but common stuff should be a requirement before starting work.
You would think right. :-p

It was an honest mistake, the young girl is apart of the family business. She was very young and the store is a family owned place. She may not have been fully prepared and should have asked her parents. Yeah, she was that young and just really starting out working there to help out. So like I said honest mistake.

They got so many fishes freshwater and Saltwater that she could have easily not know even if her family is in that business. It's still a trustworthy store and the advice I had gotten there is top notch and everything lines up to articles written here. This is all that they do! They sale nothing but aquariums and fish.

They even made sure that I was cycling my tank before I put fish in. They also told me to upgrade to a Sump later on and showed me how I can do it without drilling. It's a hang on the back overflow (which they said is not the best, but will work for my tank, until I upgrade to a bigger tank and get a pre-drilled tank). So I am not upset. At least they are going to give me a discount on the fish and I got a credit. So Friday is the new date. :-p I will someday have a fish!! Well if the world does not end on friday.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:04 PM   #95
Aquarium Advice Addict

Haha awesome!
Old 12-19-2012, 04:14 PM   #96
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yeah, I figured since I drove all that way I was going to get some useful information. :-p
Old 12-19-2012, 07:44 PM   #97
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah. Gotta get something out of it.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:10 AM   #98
Aquarium Advice FINatic

The pet shop had these guys for sale. 100 bucks each. I was tempted. :-p

The ones they had, had a little more orange on the face and tail. The white was mostly in the middle of their bodies. this picture was the closest I could find.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:15 AM   #99
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I would post this in the Identification threads, but I figured why start another thread when I already got this one going about my main tank.

I don't have a picture as this thing is tiny, but it looks like a small tube with tentacles. The tube is white and the tentacles are white. It's on my rock on the very bottom of the rock next to the sand bed. It's really small and I will try to get a picture. If I had to compare it looks like this.

But it's really tiny, and almost clear looking.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:42 PM   #100
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Fish at last!

Hey guys, I got my fish finally!! Everything seems to check out on my tank. Doing the whole drip thing for about a half hour now. Another hour to go for them.

My only concern. Do they look like True Perculas to you guys?
They don't have three bands nor do they have any type of bands on their tails. Is this because they are young? Or was I had at the pet store? I like their look so whatever they are I am stuck with.

I would be upset if they sold something else to me. Besides that they look healthy and they are already eating. I have gave them a little food while they acclimate.

Poor little guys in the bag. :-p They can't wait to get into their new home. More pics will be coming within an hour.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0016.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	156.2 KB
ID:	139021   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0036.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	139022  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3272.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	171.9 KB
ID:	139023   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1354.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	214.8 KB
ID:	139024  

Tags
29 gallon, build, build thread, dwarf, fish, fowlr, lion fish, long, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com