Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-21-2012, 11:34 PM   #101
Aquarium Advice FINatic

After an Hour an a half and a water test, my guys are in the main display!

Like I said they don't look like True Perculas but I don't know. If someone could tell me that would be great. the light is now off on my tank so they can get use to the tank for the night.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3147.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	249.8 KB
ID:	139037   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9166.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	251.3 KB
ID:	139038  

Name:	IMG_0131.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	230.1 KB
ID:	139039  

Old 12-22-2012, 02:32 AM   #102
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm sorry I can't be of helps in terms of iding either one! But I'm following? Was that apastia on your rock?

Sometimes learning from the mistakes of others is all the education and experience you need.
bigbanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:35 AM   #103
Aquarium Advice Addict

Can you get better pics? They almost look a little like clarkii clowns. How much did you pay for them both
Old 12-22-2012, 10:27 AM   #104
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Unfortunately my Iphone can only do so much.

I paid $20.99 for each of the clown fish. I tried to take a better picture, but I got the one in the back really well, the other one not so much. I did post a thread in the Identification forms.

As for apastia, I put some pics up. The best I could get, I hope this thing is not apastia. I am not ready to deal with something like this.

Good news, both of my clowns are eating well, and look like they are having a good time. Now on to the next fish. :-p Next week a Six Line Wrasse will grace my tank with it's charm.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0366.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	250.8 KB
ID:	139099   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0770.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	204.2 KB
ID:	139100  

Name:	IMG_1002.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	250.5 KB
ID:	139101   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2218.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	257.7 KB
ID:	139102  

Old 12-22-2012, 01:08 PM   #105
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah I'm pretty sure you got false Percs. Here we sell false Percs for about 20$ a piece and true Percs for about 40$ a piece.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:02 PM   #106
Aquarium Advice FINatic

True or False, aww well. As long as I got Clowns. :-p

I wanted True but didn't know that they were taken straight from the ocean. If I had known I wouldn't have asked for them. I don't want to add to the reef problems we already have. :-/

I just wanted true because I liked the way they looked in pictures, but now that I got the two that I have I don't want any other. :-p They are two banded and that is kind of cool, I have not seen any two banded clowns before.

I added two small peppermint Shrimp in today in hopes they take care of that aipstasia. If not I will get two more when I add the Wrasse next Friday. Don't want to shock the bio-load too fast. I was assured that two small peppermint shrimp wouldn't hurt the bio-load that much. I also needed the cleaners for my sand bed.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:16 PM   #107
Aquarium Advice Addict

They'll get their third stripe later.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:56 PM   #108
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Did a Test tonight, and being my tank does not have all of the tank mates, I still am in the building phase.

Tomorrow phase 4 starts. Putting in a Six line Wrasse! I tested everything and my water is good to go! 0 everything but PH at 8.2!

One Concern of mine!! My salinity seems to be rising! When I get it from the store it's at 1.25, so I put it in my tank after a water change. I do 5 gallon water changes once a week. It is reading 1.26 right now. It seems the meter takes a little getting set up, but once it sets up it seems to be reading consistently 1.26. My clowns seem to be happy and swimming! Should I be worried? I put some fresh water in (from LFS) just to top off my tank, and I know that won't bring the senility down.

I did read 1.26 is a good thing to keep it at, but I am just worried of it rising. I wouldn't see how it could rise being I get it premixed. I don't want it to be 1.28 someday. :-p
Old 12-28-2012, 12:02 AM   #109
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by baron1282 View Post
Did a Test tonight, and being my tank does not have all of the tank mates, I still am in the building phase.

Tomorrow phase 4 starts. Putting in a Six line Wrasse! I tested everything and my water is good to go! 0 everything but PH at 8.2!

One Concern of mine!! My salinity seems to be rising! When I get it from the store it's at 1.25, so I put it in my tank after a water change. I do 5 gallon water changes once a week. It is reading 1.26 right now. It seems the meter takes a little getting set up, but once it sets up it seems to be reading consistently 1.26. My clowns seem to be happy and swimming! Should I be worried? I put some fresh water in (from LFS) just to top off my tank, and I know that won't bring the senility down.

I did read 1.26 is a good thing to keep it at, but I am just worried of it rising. I wouldn't see how it could rise being I get it premixed. I don't want it to be 1.28 someday. :-p
Adding freshwater will bring your salinity down to where it was before. As you may know the evaporation will cause salinity to rise, and adding the fresh water, as opposed to saltwater, should bring it right to where it was before. If it is still higher than you want add even more freshwater.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:44 PM   #110
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Why Sold Out!

Every week when I couldn't put fish into my tank, and every week before than when I was building my tank. I could go to the LFS and they would have Six Line Wrasse's.

Now when I can, every single LFS does not have a Six Line Wrasse. This search included Indianapolis and Cincinnati.

On the bright side, I did find a store close to me with a Flame Hawkfish, so it looks like the Flame Hawkfish will be the next addition to my tank. Going tonight to pick the guy up if a Six Line Wrasse is now found.

I do have a little hope left, a store gets it's shipment in today and I got to call back. They think they got one ordered, but they don't know.

Tags
29 gallon, build, build thread, dwarf, fish, fowlr, lion fish, long, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com