29 gallong tank, Dwarf Lion Fish! (FOWLR, Build Thread)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I will wait a week, it's too late. :p.
what is a good thing to make him start eating? He was eating pellets at the fish store and they have been feeding him the pellets for the month he had been there. I offered him pellets today after being put into the tank and he did not eat. I know he is new and may not have wanted to eat. I hope that is the case. He is sleeping in a cave right now. :p. I do got brine shrimp as well!

Last fish going in! Got my Six Line Wrasse today. Wanted to wait a week, but with this time of year supposedly a Six Line Wrasse is hard to find. So I went ahead and got him after having my Hawkfish for only 48 hours. My water tested good, so I am not worried. I think with all the live Sand and Rock, I should be fine.

I was talking to the LFS and I know they are not always the best of advice, so I thought I would throw it out here. What if I did get a Watchman Goby for the bottom of my tank? Since my clown fish like the upper part of my tank, and my Hawkfish likes the rocks and My wrasse, I don't know yet. :p I figured a 5th small fish wouldn't be bad as long as it was a bottom guy. I do got the Skimmer and the sand and the rock to filter everything. So I don't think a bio-load spike would be a problem. I just don't want to stress my fish with over population. The LFS said it would be ok if it was just a bottom guy like a Goby. What are some of your guys thoughts?

I thought my Six Line had ICH already. I got upset thinking that I bought a fish today from the LFS that already had ICH. Turns out though Photo's I found out the little white spots on the back of it's tail is natural. :p Go figure, can't be to careful. LoL

Would a 2.5 gallon Quarantine Tank be ok, for future use? Just for a week long stay of small fish. I got a 2.5 gallon tank that my Betta was in. Too small? Even if it was for a few days?

More Pic's to follow.

Attachments

• IMG_1126.jpg
    IMG_1126.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 61
It would seem my Hawkfish does not like the Six Line. I turned the lights off, and will leave them off for a few days. The chasing is not as bad as it was when I first put him in. It's only been an hour, and the Hawkfish stopped chasing it seems like. We shall see. I hope they get a long.

A little chasing the first couple days isn't uncommon, even with peaceful fish. It should calm down in a couple days.

Well, I lost a fish today. :-/ I lost a Clownfish. Now I am down to one. I can't find the fish at all. I moved rocks around and I looked in the filters. No dice! I am guessing my Flame Hawkfish ate it, or it jumped out and my cat got it.

Now I am down to one Clown, should I take the clown back to the LFS or will be be ok on his own? Do Clowns need a tank mate?

Also being I am down to only three fish now, would adding a Flame Angel be ok to this tank? It's 29 gallon and I would like some fish that did some real swimming to see. The Hawkfish likes to perch which is cool, and the Six Line stays by the rocks and likes to be behind them where I can't really see him all the time. The last clown I have is just a top clown, never comes down from the top of the tank. Would a Flame Angel be ok with the current line up of fish I got? Would he be ok for his whole life in a 29 gallon tank?

Thanks for the advice!!

Well, I lost a fish today. :-/ I lost a Clownfish. Now I am down to one. I can't find the fish at all. I moved rocks around and I looked in the filters. No dice! I am guessing my Flame Hawkfish ate it, or it jumped out and my cat got it.

Now I am down to one Clown, should I take the clown back to the LFS or will be be ok on his own? Do Clowns need a tank mate?

Also being I am down to only three fish now, would adding a Flame Angel be ok to this tank? It's 29 gallon and I would like some fish that did some real swimming to see. The Hawkfish likes to perch which is cool, and the Six Line stays by the rocks and likes to be behind them where I can't really see him all the time. The last clown I have is just a top clown, never comes down from the top of the tank. Would a Flame Angel be ok with the current line up of fish I got? Would he be ok for his whole life in a 29 gallon tank?

Thanks for the advice!!

IMO no. Liveaquaria now recommends a 70 for the flame angel I believe. Many do smaller tanks than this, but I wouldn't do a 29.

Just bummed out. What should I get to replace this guy that will fit into my tank and be ok with all the rest?

if you're looking for something that will be out in the open you could get a chromis or a cardinal. Maybe a cherub angel if you really want an angel. (better suited than a flame angel)
A midas blenny would be really cool.

If you like bright colors you could consider an orchid dottyback or a royal gramma.

Lots of choices! just make sure you observe your fish closely since your lfs has no guarantee!

The clown will be fine alone, it's not needed to have 2. I have 1 in each tank, and they're doing fine.
Chromis definitely swim around a lot if you're wanting to add movement to the tank. You could get a couple of blue reef chromis if you're looking to add color, but the green are nice too.

Back
Top Bottom