Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-26-2012, 11:45 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I was wondering, should I dumb the lion fish? They are cool, but with me getting a Wrasse and a flame, and hawkfish, I don't know if I really want to risk them getting eaten. Maybe I am being paranoid, but I don't know. I think the flame is really cool looking!! If you guys think I should dumb the lion fish, what would be a cool fish to replace it with that would be ok with the others and in a 29 gallon setting?

Old 11-26-2012, 11:45 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Jugs that you would take water in when you go camping, very clean gas jugs, and 5 gallon buckets work the best.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:47 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khij159753 View Post
Jugs that you would take water in when you go camping, very clean gas jugs, and 5 gallon buckets work the best.
Thanks, that is what I was thinking. My plan was to buy 8 five gallon buckets, going to need them anyway. :-p
Old 11-26-2012, 11:48 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah :p and I'd probably take out the lion fish. Especially if your planning on getting all those fish, he'll be to crowded so he'll fight for space probably killing some of your fish
Old 11-26-2012, 12:06 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I was thinking that, also I don't know if I can really keep up with the feeding. I want something that is easy to feed. I still want a Lion fish, but to be honest, I finally saw some live dwarf lions and they were not that impressive to me (I think I am more fascinated with the Bigger Lion). The Flame caught my eye more, and the six line wrasse really looks awesome!! I could live without the Lion Fish easily!! I still want four fish, so what could I replace it with?

Would a pair of

Yellowstripe Maroon Clownfish be cool you think? I would have no reef, so nothing for them to host! That would put five fish in the tank. they are aggressive, so I think they would be ok in the tank with all the aggressive fish.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:26 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic

This guy is cool! What about him?

Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Saddle Valentini Puffer
Old 11-26-2012, 09:34 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Activist

looking good!
Old 11-26-2012, 09:37 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by baron1282 View Post
I was thinking that, also I don't know if I can really keep up with the feeding. I want something that is easy to feed. I still want a Lion fish, but to be honest, I finally saw some live dwarf lions and they were not that impressive to me (I think I am more fascinated with the Bigger Lion). The Flame caught my eye more, and the six line wrasse really looks awesome!! I could live without the Lion Fish easily!! I still want four fish, so what could I replace it with?

Would a pair of

Yellowstripe Maroon Clownfish be cool you think? I would have no reef, so nothing for them to host! That would put five fish in the tank. they are aggressive, so I think they would be ok in the tank with all the aggressive fish.
In a 29 gallon, I would definitely say no to the maroon clownfish. They are super aggressive and will take over the tank.

In a tank that size you're looking at 4-5 small fish. (gobies, Ocellaris, things of that sort.)

If you really want the flame angel (live aquaria now reccomends 70 gallons) I would get that, the wrasse, and one small fish.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:57 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Activist

i was told today at a very reputable fish store that aslong as you buy the lionfish while it is small you may not have a problem with hime trying to eat some fish like the clowns he said he had one and when had the clown and the lionfish once the lion fish got older it let the clown swim through its fins like it was an anemone without even bothering the clown haha
Old 11-26-2012, 10:16 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamroz37 View Post
i was told today at a very reputable fish store that aslong as you buy the lionfish while it is small you may not have a problem with hime trying to eat some fish like the clowns he said he had one and when had the clown and the lionfish once the lion fish got older it let the clown swim through its fins like it was an anemone without even bothering the clown haha

This can be true. Key words in your statement "may not". I have heard of it going both ways, so it depends how important those smaller fish will be to you.

Tags
29 gallon, build, build thread, dwarf, fish, fowlr, lion fish, long, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com