29g FOWLR Tankmates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dre

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I had a 10g tank which I recently upgraded and moved over to my new 29g tank. Right now it is stocked with two clown fish, a blue/green chromis, four blue-legged hermit crabs and two large turbo snails. They've been in the 29 for roughly a month now been thinking about adding another fish. Leaning toward a bottom dwelling fish that scavenges such as a goby or blenny but not to sure. Looking for any suggestions for any kind of fish that would suit my tank.

Thanks in advance.

I've heard those are fun fish. just kind of worried about the jumping out. My light is on an auto timer and the chromis goes kind of crazy and darts around the tank when it comes on. Fearful he nights startle firefish and cause him to take a leap lol.

I have a aqueon deluxe hood that came with the tank. But the back is open because I have a HOB aquaclear filter. Was thinking of getting one of those glass versa tops. Would that suffice?

I don't know too much about the pistol shrimp and yellow watchman goby. Do they compliment each other in the tank?

They look pretty cool. I just have to find some at my local stores. Is an inch sand bed enough for them to burrow and create a cave? I do have live rock with quite a few wholes and crevices for them to start with.

Should be good, if your rock is sitting directly on the bottom of your tank, make sure you have some rubble they can use.

My rock is sitting on top of my sand bed. My rock has holes in it around the bottom.

Cool. Now i just have to find them at my local fish stores. I was also thinking about adding two more blue green chromis' to school with my other one I have already. would that be a good idea?

Not sure, you might to research that a little. They might pick on the one you have now. They might not, don't know. Sorry

Back
Top Bottom