29g Stocking Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

neon-tiger

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone! Newbie here~ I've been in the saltwater hobby about three months now. Having a saltwater aquarium at home was my dad's lifelong dream (And I've wanted one for a while as well!), so he and I set up a 29-gallon FOLWR tank at the beginning of November. Since then, we've been gradually adding livestock. The tank now contains a firefish, percula clown, yellow watchman goby, skunk cleaner shrimp, and a handful of CUC critters.

My question is: would it be wise to add a fourth fish, or is the tank at maximum stocking level?

The water parameters are kept in check pretty well, but I don't want to go overboard. On a related note, the tank does not have a protein skimmer. I've read that it's not necessary for this sort of setup, but would we benefit from getting one?

I have 4 fish in my tank, but I don't have a big CUC or shrimp. I just got a few hermit craps.

I have a 36 gallon currently stocked with...

1 flame angel
2 watchman gobies
1 azule damsel
2 false percula clown
1 six line wrasse
1 anthias
1 skunk cleaner

It's a high bio load so I am on weekly 4 gallon water changes and every other day feeding. I would add another fish but keep it to the fish that stay 2 to 4 inches obviously. Just make sure and stay up on testing and prepare to change your maintenance to account for the change in bioload if necessary.

Back
Top Bottom