2x Good News

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CEverii

Aquarium Advice Freak
Got some awesome news. Not like anyone will REALLY care, but Im bored and feel like shareing :multi:. Finally got my green manderin trained to eat brine shrimp. He loves that stuff now. Very relieved. Also, buying my new 125g next week. Perfect condition, predrilled, awesome stained stand for only $200!!! Ty craigslist. Ill be making a transition thread within the next week from my 75g ---> 125g in case anyone is interested.

Actually i do have a question. My current skimmer is rated just right for my 75gal. I dont plan on going reef probably for another 6 months or so. Will my skimmer work for a 125g FOWLR until i can afford to upgrade? And do i really have to upgrade to a bigger skimmer, or can I just buy another one thats rated around the same as mine is?

IMO any skimming will help. It should be OK plus some PWC`s to help. One thing about the brine Shrimp. See if you can get him to eat mysis shrimp or if you do brine make sure it `s vitamin fortified brine.

IMO any skimming will help. It should be OK plus some PWC`s to help. One thing about the brine Shrimp. See if you can get him to eat mysis shrimp or if you do brine make sure it `s vitamin fortified brine.

yeah the package says "vitamin enhanced" so I hope it is.

Got some awesome news. Not like anyone will REALLY care, but Im bored and feel like shareing :multi:. Finally got my green manderin trained to eat brine shrimp. He loves that stuff now. Very relieved. Also, buying my new 125g next week. Perfect condition, predrilled, awesome stained stand for only $200!!! Ty craigslist. Ill be making a transition thread within the next week from my 75g ---> 125g in case anyone is interested.

How did you manage to train him? I've always loved the dragonet fish and would love to have a red mandarin someday.

Was actually pretty easy. My LFS made me a feeding device. Its a small syringe with a long piece of plastic tubing on the end. What I would do is just prepare the brine shrimp like normal, turn all my powerheads off, suck up some shrimp into the tubing, and put it right in front of his face. I would have to make it all fall on his head for him to notice it lol. But after a day or so he finally started to taste it. Within the week he was fully trained. Its amazing, he actually comes RUSHING out of where hes hiding when he sees me put the tubing into the tank for feeding time:D

That was pretty good info on training them to eat. Rep points coming your way.

ill see if i can find the article where the guy talks about how he trained one to eat out of a jar.
also ORA is about to release tank breed ones soon including red mandrins. im guessing they wont be cheap thou.

Back
Top Bottom