3 Blue Chromis w/my damsels?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roka64

Aquarium Advice Addict
Check my info, if I add 3 Blue Chromis, should they be oky w/my current critters? I will be removing the other damsels in the next couple of months?

Thanks!

+++EDIT+++
The reason I am asking is I am buying a few snails/conch and might as well add a few fish, so I don't waste shipping charged.

The chromis will not bother the inverts you want to add. I have seven of them in my 125.

The chromis will not bother the inverts you want to add.

What about the damsels? I would like to add them and then remove the damsels, eventually.

Also, do they school?

Chromis do school together, but don't school with the damsels. The damsels will beat the chromis up. I wouldn't add the chromis together with the damsels. Also, sometimes, the chromis will beat their "fellow chromis" up, so 1 by 1, the chromis will die off til there's 1 left.

If the chromis are small my guess is the damsels will kick their butts..

Yeah, I just can't decide which ones to get rid of first. Believe it or not, they all have different personalities.

i have two chromies with damsels (yellow tail, three stripe, blue)

and they pretty much leave them alone, the chromies usually stay together in the open water and the damsels like to swim within the rocks. there is a little agression during/after feeding time but everyone gets food.

Phish when did you add the chromis? after, before or at the same time??
All I can tell you is what happened in my tanks.. added 5 new chromis to reef and the 2 old ones killed them all over time.
Added 5 small ones to my 55 and the perc clowns and pseudochromis killed 4 out of the 5, I was able to save one and put him in the fuge..
If you really want chromis i would get rid of the damsels first.. JMO.

i added my chromies after the damsels

the chromies are much smaller than the damsels

i also changed the rockwork when i changed the CC to Sand so that may have been a factor

no deaths yet from agressive fish

Ur damsels are ones of the kind, phish. That's all i can say lol. My chromis get picked on by my perc clown even when the clown is only 3/4 of the chromis

Back
Top Bottom