3 tangs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They will all be approximately equal as far as how difficult they are to take care of. Blue tangs may be just slightly more prone to getting ich. All of them require quite a large tank. What size do you have?

The blue hippo tang would be the best as the others require 100 gal or larger tank. The blue hippo tang needs only 70 gal. I have had one in my 55 gal now for the last 4 years (came with the tank). Which leads me to a question about stunting a fishes growth by keeping it in a too small of tank.

I wouldn't recommend any of those tangs for a 60g tank. They will all get to large. Stunting a fishes growth with a small tank is actually a false rumor. The fish will continue to grow. Having them in to small of a tank does make them more prone to illness and a variety of other issues though.

I would not put any of those in a 60 gallon tank. Tangs in general are more prone to ick and hippo tangs and powder blues lead the pack when it comes to getting ick. I think you already have a tang in your tank and that`s all the tangs you`ll able to get in there.

Yeah I have a 55G and I would not dear put a tang in my tank. They need a lot of space to swim and move around. I would say 125G and up would work great for any Tang. :)

Back
Top Bottom