$30 dollars down th drain! Tiger Pistol Eaten

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tank2379

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well today I went and bought my Tiger Pistol Shrimp for my Blue Spotted Gobie. Acclamated him for and 1 1/2 hr. Shrimp was building his burrow and the Gobie looked at him and started eating him..... :(:(:(.... I was NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!. Well I Guess maybe it was my fault for not pairing them at the same time. I alreadu had the gobie for more than a Month. I am so upset I onloy had the Tiger for no more than 2 hrs....:(:(:(.... I am wondering now if my Bluespotted Gobie is a Hybrid with Tiger Gobie? on his head he has the Blue Spots but his body has Tiger Strips?.... I am wondering if he can even be paired with a Pistol Shrimp and I just finish feeding him and his belly was fat. any clue what could of happen?

OMG, I'm sorryyy that happened to you... I wonder if that can be paired when you bought separately.

OMG, I'm sorryyy that happened to you... I wonder if that can be paired when you bought separately.

I thought they could but I guess maybe my Gobie was just way to big and he was way 2 small. Big big fish is a small snack for him. That was the most expensive snack I have ever seen...LOL....

Oh Lala... I don't know what is better, watching your $30 eaten up in front of you or dead and flush it on the toilet? :) but in any case, I still feel bad for your loss...

I'd get rid of the monster goby and start over again if it were me. Dangit!

Yeah I believe he was about 4 inches long. I will see what happens. I think i will get rid of him and go a different route. I was so excxited I got him a buddy now I am sad. Now that little Jerk is hiding and does not want to show his face now.,....:mad::mad::mad::(:(:(

This is what the little :new-alien: looks like!!!

img_932979_0_24906886ed8d82cdeedf7a0c54b59d34.jpg

I am just going to go back to the drawing board with him. I will sell him back 2 the LFS for credit and hopefully get a gobie and pistol paired.

I'll need to check properly tomorrow when I have access to my books at work, but that sure looks like a Cryptocentrus species to me, thus a true shrimp-associated goby. I'd just put it down to the size difference, and possibly the need to acclimate the shrimp and goby to each other.

Tony

My pistol was less than an inch big he was a tiny fellow my gobie is way over 4 inches big or more I believe he just thought he was a snack. but the funny part about it is he knows he did something wrong....LOL... He comes out everytime I am buy the glass to visit reguardless of what going on in the tank. Yesterday he just kept poking his head out and looking at me like oops my bad...lol.. But then there where times where he would not even come out.... I guess he know he ate something he wasn;t suppose to. Fish are strange...lol:)

wow, already?

I put my goby and shrimp in on Sunday.
I have yet to see either of them. That's an expensive $60 for me.. for fish I never see. I *think* I heard the shrimp the first night, but never again. And the goby, who knows if he's still around. As soon as I dropped them in, they swam to different rocks on either end of the tank, then disappeared.

If the goby is dead, I blame it on my Hermits... one of them is just way too big. The Randall's goby looks (looked?) like this: Randall's Goby

I'm a bit upset too.. if I don't hear/see anything by Sunday, I'm getting a female Randall's... (the first one was a male). Just in case he's still in there, they could pair up.

****, already?

I put my goby and shrimp in on Sunday.
I have yet to see either of them. That's an expensive $60 for me.. for fish I never see. I *think* I heard the shrimp the first night, but never again. And the goby, who knows if he's still around. As soon as I dropped them in, they swam to different rocks on either end of the tank, then disappeared.

If the goby is dead, I blame it on my Hermits... one of them is just way too big. The Randall's goby looks (looked?) like this: Randall's Goby

I'm a bit upset too.. if I don't hear/see anything by Sunday, I'm getting a female Randall's... (the first one was a male). Just in case he's still in there, they could pair up.

Yeah after I acclimated the Pistol for more than an hour and a half he when quickly found his spot and started to burrow his home. Then the gobie saw him and that was the end of my Pistol. I called my LFS and told them what happened they where shocked about what happened I told then no worries about what happened.I figure if I stay with my Gobie I would try one more time with another Pistol Shrimp at least 2 inches bigger. That why he would not eat him to big to fit in his mouth.... If that fails I'll be done with him and start over with a brand new pair.

Back
Top Bottom