Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-31-2015, 12:56 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
30 gallon FOWLR stock

Is a flame angel, 2 occellaris clowns, a firefish, and a dottyback a good stock for a 30 gallon?

t57spikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 02:48 PM   #2
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
wouldn't advise a dottyback may get aggressive in a 30g , flame angel's shouldn't be added into anything less than 40g this was changed as they are very active fish ,
I know you didn't mention these but do not add damsels for any reason (you'll be thankful later) they are demons
clowns are a good choice along with fire fish
here's a list of fish that will work with your tank ,always check the compatibility when buying fish , aprox 6 fish would be your max depending on size full grown

here is a good amount of info on the flame angel
Flame Angel - Centropyge loriculus

Fish are like lifesavers
They come in different colors

54seaweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 11:08 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm going to go out on a limb and say yes. In comparison to the Dory tang that gets routinely tossed into a 4 foot tank or the Naso that is in a 6 footer, I don't think you are too far outside the box.
where's me money
Mr. Crabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 10:13 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak
It depends on the size and how long are you intent to keep the fish in that tank?

U can keep them, but once they grow bigger what are u going to do? how are u going to manage the quality of the water?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Toffee is offline   Reply With Quote

30 gallon, fowlr, gallon, stock

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com