30 gallon stock questions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

woody390

Aquarium Advice Addict
Since I starting cycling my new tank I was set on it being a reef tank however I have been looking into it and all the USB that I really like the look of seem to not be completely reef safe so I am now having second thoughts. The fish I really like the look of are sleeper gobies six line wrasse coral beauty Valentini puffer yellow long nose butterfly plus the 2 clowns from my old tank so I am now considering a fish only with live rock, however with those fish I hear some pik at shrimps hermits and snails what do people use for cuc in these sort of tanks? Also anyone see issues with the stock I want (bar the butterfly and fox face know the tanks too small so one day)?

You're right the tank is too small for a butterfly and fox face. It is also too small for the puffer and probably even the coral beauty. In a tank that size, I would do reef.

Really live aquaria said 30 gallons would be fine for those regardless even if just or interest what wold you use for clean up crew? Don't see how cuc would last long or am I wrong?

The coral beauty would be fine in a 30g. It's a dwarf angel. I have a half black angel in my 30g, and he's perfectly happy. :)

The coral beauty would be fine in a 30g. It's a dwarf angel. I have a half black angel in my 30g, and he's perfectly happy. :)

live aquaria reccomends a 70 for most dwarf angels. i know they can be off but i would still think a little bigger than 30. could be wrong though.

70 is for full sized Angels. 30 is fine for most dwarf angels and the Valentini puffer is fine in a 30.

That is VERY general though. For example for eels it says 55. We all know that 55 is okay for some and not for others.

use it as a general guide then say if you decided to do eels then research the eel you want

always do your homework no matter how sure you are it can not hurt

I think one of the really small angels (flame back, cherub) might be okay, but dwarfs (flame, coral beauty, half black, etc) are probably better off in 70g. Regular angels (emperor, queen, scribbled, etc) get big or really big and usually need 120g or larger.

Thanks for everyone's input! I think after reading through this I will be looking at Valentini puffer some sort of goby and a couple clowns. Would any inverts survive in there with the puffer?

No, it will eat most inverts you put in there. I'd just make sure parameters are spot on to prevent algae growth on your rocks...a good mag float will do the rest.

Finally got my tank sorted and cycled just got to get the fish moved fom old to new ... Buzzing

Attachments

• image-3204135354.jpg
    image-3204135354.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 69
  • image-872844838.jpg
    image-872844838.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 61
Back
Top Bottom