36 bow front tank unique stocking suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Studentdrleo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just curious, any ideas on out of the ordinary fish for this tank?

Had seahorses before in a different, but just don't have time for them now.

Was thinking like a dwarf lionfish or something different than the standard 2 clowns, 1 tang that's not supposed to be there, 1 damsel, 1 goby, etc tank.

Let me know!

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I keep hearing how fun the Fuzzy Dwarf Lionfish (Dendrochirus brachypterus) is. People seem to really be able to establish a relationship with them coming up to be friendly. Disclaimer: Personally no experience with it, only what other members say.

Anyone have thoughts on file fish? I think they are cool. Just getting my tank to cycle as we speak

They can be hard to keep...though sometimes considered easier fish, they are a constant eater and will 'pick' at things, especially corals once they get a taste for them. Some need fed several times a day and this can easily foul up water quality and cause issues.

Well, I'm looking for the biggest fish I can hold in a 36 gallon tank where I would only have a couple fish in the tank. Any suggestion?

Are you wanting a reef tank?

Are you wanting the fish to be interactive, eat out of your hand, or mostly be attractive?

Last edited:
Attractive and maybe feed out of hand. I don't have the time unfortunately to feed them 3 times a day; otherwise I would have seahorses...I had one once and it was incredible, but too much work right now

One of the small puffers like the valentini or Toby puffers would be fine. Hawkfish are cool too. You seem to be going towards a mini predatory tank, right?

Yes, a mini predatory tank would be pretty cool. so what could go with the puffer?

How about a nice Angler fish or rhinopias? Tons of color and will be out and about often. Also can be pretty sweet to watch them eat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Harlequin bass , tobacco bass , lantern bass , indigo hamlet would work in that size tank as there more a rock dweller and there not as active as many other fish of it's size , they prey at night very cool fish , if you plan on upgrading down the line a dragon wrasse would be a nice addition
I have almost all of these in my predator tank one day I will get a dragon wrasse
these are all nice small predators , I would stay away from damsels yes they look great all the coloration there just nasty fish otherwise

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom