36 Gallon Bow Front FOWLR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clownfishlover

Aquarium Advice Freak
I set up a new fish only with live rock aquarium today! It's my first saltwater tank, but I have had experience with maintaimence with my teachers reef tank. I added the sand a few minutes ago and it's crazy cloudy. If you have any advice or questions I would love to hear it.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388116483.832665.jpg

I would've added the sand first, then placed a bowl of some sort on the sand bed, poured the water into the bowl to make the water less cloudy. It will be a little while till that clears up bit depends on what kind of filtration you have. What kind of filter do you have? Do you have a hob? Also do you have a powerhead in there?

Sent from my LG-P769 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Just run a hob filter it will clear up in no time.

That's exactly what I did. :( but I'm running a hob right now so we will see how long this takes. I didn't want to rinse it since it was live sand.

I'm waiting to see how strong of a power head I will need before I get one.

Ok I see. I see a lot of people have two powerheads on a 30 plus gal for good circulation.

Take your time and do a lot of research. Just be patient that's all. Get a lot of opinions before deciding on something. I do a lot of research on YouTube, Thats helped me a lot.

My sand is really fine too so if I have too much it will blow sand everywhere.

Yea that will do it.

I have the same aquarium that is also a FOWLER and I highly recommend getting a goby and pistol shrimp pair. They are very entertaining to watch an the goby sifts through the sand to make it cleaner!

Ok so I came up with what I would like for a stocking list, but it probably needs some editing from you guys.
1.) pair of ocellaris clownfish
2.) McCosker's Flasher Wrasse
3.) orange spot goby
4.) green mandarin ( Would be ordering extra pods)
5.) royal gramma basslet??????
Or
6.) a flame angelfish ( I have heard several people say they can be kept in a 35 gal. but I'm not sure.
I know this is probably going to be to many fish but for know I just want to hear your opinions! Thanks in advance!

Does anyone have a good hob protein skimmer recommendation? I have decided to get one as soon as I get room in the budget.

Ok so I came up with what I would like for a stocking list, but it probably needs some editing from you guys.
1.) pair of ocellaris clownfish
2.) McCosker's Flasher Wrasse
3.) orange spot goby
4.) green mandarin ( Would be ordering extra pods)
5.) royal gramma basslet??????
Or
6.) a flame angelfish ( I have heard several people say they can be kept in a 35 gal. but I'm not sure.
I know this is probably going to be to many fish but for know I just want to hear your opinions! Thanks in advance!

Trust me on this, i have a 4" flame angel in my 37g mix reef and he swims laps around the tank all day, he would fight my ocellaris pair all day because they took up a 1/3 of the tank in their territory. Then i moved the clowns to my 20 long and the angel is going in my 60 cube. Heres what ive got in my 37 fish wise ATM:
~Bonded pair of purple fire fish
~Valentini puffer
~Starry blenny
~flame angel (going to my 60)

Royal grammas need to be QT because they are very suseptable to flukes, i would wait for the tank to mature before adding a mandarin so that you can build up a large amount of pods, but everything else sounds good. 5 fish is the limit in that size.

Does anyone have a good hob protein skimmer recommendation? I have decided to get one as soon as I get room in the budget.

I use CPR bak pak on my 37, it collects half a cup of skimmate a day. A little bit of micro bubbles but thats just what skimmers do. Cost effective at 160$. Works like a charm ;)

Back
Top Bottom