Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-19-2011, 12:45 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

No problem. I would love to see a full tank shot lol. I have two triggers myself; a Picasso and a bluejaw. They're really docile.

Old 10-19-2011, 12:50 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Regular

Save herself the hassle and bring it back from my own exp it will not turn out good mine was smaller than the rest when I added him and he still dominated the tank.

And I tryed to bring it back and they won't take him cause of how aggressive they are

Old 10-19-2011, 01:20 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbarcomb View Post
Save herself the hassle and bring it back from my own exp it will not turn out good mine was smaller than the rest when I added him and he still dominated the tank.

And I tryed to bring it back and they won't take him cause of how aggressive they are
I appreciate the advice, but I've heard stories of less docile undulated triggers and have a friend who's had one in a community predator tank for 7 years. Most triggers display a lot of the same temperament but there are a few rare exceptions. I do have a alternative tank if this trigger acts up.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:48 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well i'd love to see it and good luck to you..i would never do it in a 125
FTMMWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:22 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I'd love to see a full tank pic as well! I love triggers and I hope it works for you! Seems like you know what you're doing haha
Old 10-19-2011, 08:20 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTMMWS View Post
Well i'd love to see it and good luck to you..i would never do it in a 125
Thanks, I've gotten some grief from some people about the current tank size being too small, but triggers are not like tangs and spend most of the day hiding and cruising around caves, not that much grazing. Plus this tank will only be housing the triggers until the 350G is done,which will be around next December.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:56 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I have both a 5" Picasso and a 6" niger and they everything but stand still....always constantly moving. I too am gonna have to agree that 4 triggers in a 125 is way too cramped, only given the fact that 2 of them are notorious for being uber crazy. In terms of the queen trigger, PLEASE make sure you research it first....that's one massive trigger
huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:58 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by huma-huma View Post
I have both a 5" Picasso and a 6" niger and they everything but stand still....always constantly moving. I too am gonna have to agree that 4 triggers in a 125 is way too cramped, only given the fact that 2 of them are notorious for being uber crazy. In terms of the queen trigger, PLEASE make sure you research it first....that's one massive trigger
Im sorry but i don't not agree that 125G is way too cramped. I have done my research on the species and have owned triggers for more than 8+ years and have been studying them in a lab for the past year. With the sizes right NOW of the triggerfish in the tank the 125G provides more than enough room for swimming space and hiding places. As i have said in the past 4 or so replies i am aware of the aggressive nature of the species in the tank. Undulate triggers are more cavernous and like to be around rocks or wedge themselves between them and by providing a massive amount of hiding spaces this will put a damper on him being aggressive towards the other triggers not to mention there will be a 3 to 4 inch size difference between the undulate and the other triggers. The Clown will become more stationary when it gains size. The Niger displays a lot of the same qualities of the undulate except for the level of aggressiveness. The Picasso does graze a lot but i am providing 6 ft of swimming room and even with 4 triggers that is fine for a year. If you have read the above replies i am only holding the triggers in this tank for a year. The 350G will be done in probably less than a year.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:07 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah I agree, right now the tank is not cramped, and if you're planning a 350g within a year- year and a half you're fine.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:02 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by slitherbomb View Post
Yeah I agree, right now the tank is not cramped, and if you're planning a 350g within a year- year and a half you're fine.
Thanks, it actually will be done around next August. I can't stand when people make comments about tank sizes without reading the thread. I can understand if the person is ridiculously overstocked, but it seems a lot of people just want to put in their 2 cents about overstocking and to be honest most of the people that make those comments have no idea what a suitable tank size even is. Thats what drives alot of knowledgable hobbyists away from forums. Its a shame we could use their actually relevant advice.

Tags
clown, lionfish, niger, tan, trigger, triggerfish, undulate

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com