4 Triggerfish in 1 Tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah I'm in the same position. I'm buying a 300g tank next march since that's when we're moving, and have a shark egg that's hatching soon. Some people might say that first comes the tank, then the fish but if something terrible happens and I cannot purchase the tank (I already have more than half saved up), then I'll give the shark to a friend who has a 200g for temporary safekeeping.

Just because you study something for years doesn't mean you have every single angle covered... im not truly to tell you what to do or even tell you what's right and wrong ...im simply voicing my opinion on the matter.. for instance what happens if you don't ultimately get the 320 up and running?? Do you have an alternative plan for your triggers? Sometimes trying to help out or voice your opinion means disagreeing with someone...id just hate to see you stuck in a bind if something were to not go as planned

Just because you study something for years doesn't mean you have every single angle covered... im not truly to tell you what to do or even tell you what's right and wrong ...im simply voicing my opinion on the matter.. for instance what happens if you don't ultimately get the 320 up and running?? Do you have an alternative plan for your triggers? Sometimes trying to help out or voice your opinion means disagreeing with someone...id just hate to see you stuck in a bind if something were to not go as planned

I understand where you are coming from, but studying a select species does make a lot of difference when caring for that species, it gives the aquarist a head start on preparing for the fish and their life in that tank.

I have a back-up plan for this tank, as every serious hobbyist should. The 350G is going to be custom built by myself and 2 other students. This new tank is going to be my ongoing Junior to Senior project. The university is letting me use the 500G qt tank in case i need help with a over aggressive trigger till a more suitable fish of the same species can be found. There are plans to even make the tank a 550G if i decide to house a Queen and Hawaiian black.

I hope i didn't come across harsh, and i apologize if i did. I sometimes get very sensitive with my tanks when it come to defending the size. I do however appreciate the advice.

Yeah I'm in the same position. I'm buying a 300g tank next march since that's when we're moving, and have a shark egg that's hatching soon. Some people might say that first comes the tank, then the fish but if something terrible happens and I cannot purchase the tank (I already have more than half saved up), then I'll give the shark to a friend who has a 200g for temporary safekeeping.

What type of shark? I love the marbled cats.

When it first hatches, I'm going to keep it in a large plastic container with no substrate until it begins eating well and gets accustomed to living lol then it's going into a 75g with aragonite substrate, then the 300g will probably have pool filter sand.

slitherbomb said:
When it first hatches, I'm going to keep it in a large plastic container with no substrate until it begins eating well and gets accustomed to living lol then it's going into a 75g with aragonite substrate, then the 300g will probably have pool filter sand.

I've decided to go with the eppaulete shark.

No I def understand. Never had the intentions of upsetting you. Just disagreeing like 2 adults should be able to:) being g that you have a bigger tank in the works with an even bigger tank available in case of issues, id say you have a good gameplan setup. Again did t mean to sound ignorant or rude, was just trying to get a point across. And obviously of main concern, didn't want to see you in a bind.:)

Ibrahim said:
I've decided to go with the eppaulete shark.

Those things get huge! Make sure to get the Papua new guinea one since they stay smaller. I would love to see pictures of it when you get it!

Back
Top Bottom