40 gal stock ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquaman29

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was wondering if anyone had an advice on some stock selections

there's a million combinations you could do.
i'm assuming this is a fowlr since you're in the fowlr section.
do you have any interest in keeping inverts?
cherub angels are one of my favorite fish for a fowlr of that size.

Some of the coolest fish out there are flame hawk, school of chromis , leopard wrasse, naso tang purple tang borbonious anthias

Some of the coolest fish out there are flame hawk, school of chromis , leopard wrasse, naso tang purple tang borbonious anthias

chromis are great fish, but a school in a forty is not a great idea. there will likely be fighting and even if not, that takes up most of his stock. leopard wrasse, tangs, and anthias all need larger tanks

A clown, chalk bass, skunk cleaner shrimp, firefish, yellow headed jawfish-don't swim much, but put some shell lives by its burrow and he'll pile them up and they're super cute to watch, a couple cardinals (bangaii, PJ, orange-striped), royal gramma.

valentini puffer (personal favourite), cherub angle or coral beauty, clowns, hawkfish, firefish, 6 line wrasse all pretty cool

In my 34 I have a valentini puffer, yellow headed sleeper goby, two false perc clowns, 2 cleaner shrimps and 2 peppermint shrimps all very active and cool fish/ inverts

Thanks guys ill look into all of these :)

Anyone know much about dwarf lionfish?

Thanks guys ill look into all of these :)

Anyone know much about dwarf lionfish?

Do a little more perching than your larger lionfish, but still have lots of personality. Out of the fuzzy, anyennata, zebra, and fu Manchu , the fuzzy is the "easiest". Very hardy and easy to get to eat frozen. Occasionally you will find rare color morphs.

As long as nothing fits in its mouth then shouldn't be

Ok so as of now I'm thinking 2 clowns a fuzzy dwarf lionfish and a 6 line wrasse

IMO the fuzzy dwarf would be fine. They JUST upgraded the tank size from 30 to 55 on liveaquaria, but they are not very active. They also changed some dward angels from 30 to 70, which many dont think is necessary.

Anyway the stock sounds good, but get the largest ocellaris/perc clowns you can find and the largest six line you can find. get the lion small and get him trained on frozen.

Good luck.

I know im a little late into the conversation but imo i have a zabra dwarf lion i keep in a 55 but my lps has a 20 gallon long with a dwarf lionfish and a 10 headed frogspawn thats been setup for 4 years and is beautiful! The lion isn't even stressed i think he enjoys it haha.

I know im a little late into the conversation but imo i have a zabra dwarf lion i keep in a 55 but my lps has a 20 gallon long with a dwarf lionfish and a 10 headed frogspawn thats been setup for 4 years and is beautiful! The lion isn't even stressed i think he enjoys it haha.

Their filter must be very very efficient as most aquarium stores have fully designed high capacity systems, which probably is hard to match with hobby equipment. I sippose

Back
Top Bottom