42g - FO or FOWLR?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My tank sits at 80-82F and it is fine, I would worry if it got any warmer than that though. Keep the fan on it IMO.

Had a hard time during the next heat wave. Lost a few tankmates :(
Coral Beauty
Coral Banded Shrimp (pregnant female)
Both Firefish

RIP

Was devastated. It has been a week now. A few days ago I bought another stromb snail and 8 hermits. I also got some macro algae to help with nitrates (have been sitting around 20-40 even with weekly PWC - have had an RODI unit for 4 months now). I have also cut down to small feeds once daily. Got some phosphorus and silicate remover (this is the white pouch in the top right of the tank. Diatoms are slowly starting to dissapear.

I'm also noticing new growth of coraline algae.

This morning I did a PWC and all was in check (even temp :))
Decided to go and buy a couple of Kaudern's Cardinals:

Those are actually Bangii Cardinals. LFS messed up the names, happens all the time. Great fish. In the wild they are primarily nocturnal, which you can tell by their large eyes. If you have a cave or overang, which it looks like you do, it will spend a fair bit of daytime under there. They are a very peaceful fish unless they breed. If you want to read up on that just type 'Bangii Cardinal Breeding' into Google. :D

Back
Top Bottom