5.5 gallon limitations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stevenht

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What's the most basic setup with a 5.5 gallon? This will be my first SW tank. I've always wanted to do one and not have to use a massive tank and pay all that money and find out that I'm way too far over my head.

I know the basics to fish keeping and I have all live plants in my freshwater tanks. I know getting fish in a tank this small is pretty much out of the question. Although I heard smaller goby's will work. I like brittle starfish too.

I need information on a few important things.

Cost. I need a conservative number and very realistic. I know lighting is a major cost and am prepared for that being the bulk of my money.

I'm guessing cycling the tank is the same as FW? Let it run and get ammonia going in there.

I just feel completely overwhelmed by SW already but am determined to do it. I just need some of the basic start up costs and such

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm starting a small saltwater tank too. I just bought a pico tank that I'm going to house a goby and pistol shrimp in. They have a symbiotic relationship together. Look into them they really are cool to watch and there are many combinations.

I scraped the idea and got a big tank on black Friday. I got it specifically for a black ghost knife so I'm gonna have my hands full for a few years. If things don't work out in this tank, it's going to saltwater

Back
Top Bottom