5" blue tang question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aa777rob

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ive got a 5" blue tang, trying to decide if he's getting ick or just has natural bumps across his body. there were less yesterday i think, just wondered if some other blue tang owner could tell me if theirs has natural small bumps across their body or is my guy getting ick? didnt know if it was like goosebumps or something that come and go on their own. help!! thanks....

Yes they do have spots across their face. IMO if you have any Tangs use garlic extract on the food to boost their immune system. I've had good luck with Kent's Garlic Extreem. I don't quarantine and had no ICH for 3 years.

ezy33 said:
Yes they do have spots across their face. IMO if you have any Tangs use garlic extract on the food to boost their immune system. I've had good luck with Kent's Garlic Extreem. I don't quarantine and had no ICH for 3 years.

I'm sorry but u do have ich in your system. Perhaps u have it under control but nevertheless less it is there and can still infest any of your fish

Reeffanman said:
I'm sorry but u do have ich in your system. Perhaps u have it under control but nevertheless less it is there and can still infest any of your fish

+1. Garlic is a great immunity booster however there are a few things that should be noted regarding ich. Read the following article especially " Subjective and Non-Subjective Observations, Claims, and Common Myths" towards the bottom.

www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/fish-diseases-treatments/23132-marine-ich-myths-facts.html

If you want to eradicate ich from your tank, you will need to let it go fishless for a few weeks. Trust me, if there were something that could keep our tanks parasite free besides QT prior to going in, we would all do it. I hate the QT part. I also learned the hard way long ago and lots of money lost. :(

Things went south today, He was looking good this morning with just a few specks but now is coated in a haze. We had to quarantine him in the hospital tank and started copper treatment. I hated so much having to catch him and move him but he was getting bad fast. Cross your fingers!

Back
Top Bottom