55 gallon fowlr stocking ideas (for my first one)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Absolutely!!!! I introduced him to my aggressive tank first. then: a red blooded Hawkfish, a maroon clown, a Huma Huma triggerfish, a Lunare Wrasse, a Stars and Stripes dogface puffer, a Scooter Blenny and a Foxface Lo. He is the least aggressive of the bunch. he is just like a fuzzy dwarf lion, except a lot more beautiful and colorful. Just never get a fish that can easily fit in his mouth. you will adore him. I love how he stays upside down on rocks while he is t swimming.

image-3480925756.jpg

Some motivation! Lol

Attachments

• image-2599438113.jpg
    image-2599438113.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 122
  • image-3762129676.jpg
    image-3762129676.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 144
  • image-395349133.jpg
    image-395349133.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 107
  • image-3365702949.jpg
    image-3365702949.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 112
I had him in a 56 column. He is now in a 75 long. you can definitely have others. Depends on how many you are looking to get. You might need to do water changes more often if you get more than usual. My aggressive tank is near capacity, but I have a filter rated higher, a protein skimmer rated higher, and do 10% water changes every week , to keep the water quality great. I don't mind because basically all you'd have to do for your 55, is a 5 gallon bucket once a week. Maybe take you two minutes to take out and put back. It's so worth it. Everyone is Amazed by the Fu Manchu. He is very unique!

Absolutely!!!! I introduced him to my aggressive tank first. then: a red blooded Hawkfish, a maroon clown, a Huma Huma triggerfish, a Lunare Wrasse, a Stars and Stripes dogface puffer, a Scooter Blenny and a Foxface Lo. He is the least aggressive of the bunch. he is just like a fuzzy dwarf lion, except a lot more beautiful and colorful. Just never get a fish that can easily fit in his mouth. you will adore him. I love how he stays upside down on rocks while he is t swimming.

Hey elude, I've been told not to keep a radiata lion with a Picasso trigger, let alone a fumanchu, wouldn't he get devoured I'm that tank?

It's worked for me. My Picasso doesn't mess with any other fish. He follows them around, stalking them, but that is about it. I guess the way I introduce fish to my tanks, they aren't looked at as prey.

Elude82 said:
It's worked for me. My Picasso doesn't mess with any other fish. He follows them around, stalking them, but that is about it. I guess the way I introduce fish to my tanks, they aren't looked at as prey.

Well, if he's "stalking" them, that may not always be the case. Lol. A stalker follows you to learn your behavior and weaknesses, right? So when they attack, they have the upper hand? Hopefully that's not the case, though.

I was joking about the "stalking" part. he just likes to instigate playful behavior amongst his tankmates. He is the most active and the others lack his high enthusiasm. Lol he messes with the powerheads: swimming full speed at them, and last second pulling away. Going up and over the powerhead in a series of many loops, and racing in and out of the rock work!!! He is too funny too watch. The valentini puffer follows his lead but doesn't have his endurance. Lol the Lunar Wrasse is starting to show his playful spirit, but speeds by him so fast!!! I have an aquarium playground...CIRCUS!!!! my Huma aka Picasso I believe defies all negative stereotypes that triggers have. He is only aggressive when feeding, and even then he will share the same clam with the wrasse and my little scooter Blenny!!!!! Now that defies the trigger persona! I LOVE MY HUMA!!!!!!! Best fish hands down!!!!!

Update

2j2zvaf.jpg

fxu0y.jpg

2m5ezih.jpg

better pics later lol

Back
Top Bottom