55g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cb24

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have see some tanks with two filters and two circulation fans..what would you guys recommend? I'm just curious about this

Depends on the stock. You can run 2 HoBs or 1 canister and a hob or whatnot, wait for others this isn't a area I am very knowledgable in!

I'm sure it will another filter would keep the tank cleaner but I was just wondering what people would prefer having. Also about those fans like one facing each end? The more input the better

Not sure about the fans. But I'm pretty sure 1 hood canister filter will do the job. It a quality hob filter(500gph or so) would be good too. Remember, just what I think, I've never had theese just from what I've heard

2 HOB and 2 fans in a 55g is a good idea. The more circulation in your tank and through your rock is a great benefit to your tank. If you don't need a cover you could do one HOB on one side, the other on the other side (length wise) and one fan near the top on the side and the other in the middle. You're gonna want to make sure your fans aren't too strong for your tank and the fans aren't face to face battling each other or it'll look like the ocean spilled on your floor lol

Back
Top Bottom