55g stocking ideas???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marcquez08

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 55g tank that I am setting up. I plan on having a fowlr tank since I do not adequate light so anything photosynthetic is out of the picture.

I would like to have a busy colorful tank but not sure where to start.

I know I would like at least one clownfish, some type of snails (not sure what kind or how many), maybe a coral banded shrimp, and maybe some hermit crabs?

If anyone has any suggestions of cool fish the have please feel free to let me know! And suggestions are greatly appreciated.

This is a picture of my tank thus far. It has about 55ls of rock. I am also using aragonite sand, so It is a little course.

This is my tank

Attachments

• image-2839249145.jpg
    image-2839249145.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 96
Of you want a tank with a low temperament I would say
2x oscillaris clownfish
1-3x cardinal fish (I like the pajama cardinal)
1x goby (EX: engineer goby/yellow spotted watchman goby…etc)
Maybe a dwarf puffer and or a dwarf angel (I'm not sure I you could put both of them in there with all k have listed thus far)
So yeah those are my ideas and I'd you are thinking more aggressive fish... There won't be a huge selecting for a 55 gallon tank.. Trust me I know hehe

You think a trio of chromis would also be a good addition?

I like my chromie he's cool I hear they like groups which. Didnt know when buying mine 2 months ago when I set the tank up. Sould get him a couple buddies. great color fish I think.

Yea it'll be a while until I buy any fish. But I plan on getting some inverts soon.

Just picked up a coral banded shrimp today!!!! It's soooooo cool!!!

Back
Top Bottom