Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 08-08-2012, 03:25 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Pufferlove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 417
55G tank

Hey AA I currently have a 55G freshwater tank . I was thinking of converting into saltwater because I realized 55G is not a lot of space for the type of fish I would like so i need to know how big of a tank would i need to have a trigger fish or a stingray thanks
__________________

__________________
Pufferlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:54 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
rilesjr44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 101
I would have to say 90 or bigger
__________________

__________________
rilesjr44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:01 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Jake337's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: MI
Posts: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pufferlove
Hey AA I currently have a 55G freshwater tank . I was thinking of converting into saltwater because I realized 55G is not a lot of space for the type of fish I would like so i need to know how big of a tank would i need to have a trigger fish or a stingray thanks
For a sting ray you'll need a 500 gallon + tank.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...74&pcatid=2074
__________________
Jake337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:15 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Syracuse
Posts: 1,156
You would need a tank larger then 55 gallons for either of those.
__________________
EriksFish315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:31 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Mr. D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 604
I would say a 250gl tank... I believe they are 5'x30"x30" or 8'x2'x24" I'd recommend the first one if you wanted a "normal" ray such as a blue dot the fiddler yes I'd go 500gl
__________________
Mr. D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:32 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Mr. D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. D
I would say a 250gl tank... I believe they are 5'x30"x30" or 8'x2'x24" I'd recommend the first one if you wanted a "normal" ray such as a blue dot the fiddler yes I'd go 500gl
However they do sell 180gl tanks I believe that are 6'x36"x16"
__________________
Mr. D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:36 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Mr. D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. D

However they do sell 180gl tanks I believe that are 6'x36"x16"
If you didn't want the ray I'd say 75gl tank that is smartly stocked for a smaller trigger or for a larger one like a clown trigger 100+
__________________

__________________
Mr. D is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
55 gallon, stingray, tan, tank, triggerfish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.