55g tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cb24

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 55g saltwater fowlr tank. Would you guys recommend getting a skimmer? I have a filter and circulation fan right now? Am I good? What else would you recommend? Thanks

Well your fine without one.... A skimmer would help keep nitrates Down a sump and or refugium would also help. But neither of those things are required. They will just make it easier to care for. :)

skimmers are great as mentioned above but not needed in a 55 Gal tank for sure. how long has your tank been up and running?

What's your live stock? I feel it's difficult to say if a skimmer is needed or not based on the fact that it's a 55 FOWLR. Protein skimmers remove a lot of nasty stuff in a tank, due to a heavy bioload. I'm a firm believer in protein skimmers and feel they are an essential part of keeping a healthy salt water tank, and have been running one in my 55 FOWLR since it cycled. They will remove a lot of stuff a HOB filter cannot.

Back
Top Bottom